“Rude employees!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Quality Inn Santa Rosa
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Santa Rosa
“Rude employees!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2011

After driving 22 hours straight. My husband and I checked in. The gentleman working last night was polite and let us know we could have a 11:00 am check out. At 10:30 we started getting door knocks from the house cleaning. 11:00 straight up we got a phone call from the front desk. Carla at the front dest asked if we were staying? I informed her the gentleman last night gave us till 11:00 am. Carlas response was well its 11:00! I told her in all my stays I have never been treated like hey thanks for your money.but get the hell out! Rooms were clean. When I went to the front desk to get het name she informed they record the phone calls. Hhhhmmm? Trying to cover her butt?

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank surpie
keanu99, Manager at Quality Inn Santa Rosa, responded to this review, 30 May 2011
As a manager, we apologize for out staff performance. We have trained our staff and respond to better guest services. If you give us another opportunity to provide accommodation, next stay, we will try to make it right!!. Again, we have taken actions and we will try hard to maintain Quality Hotel in Santa Rosa, NM. Thank you again for the comment. Manager at Quality Inn, Santa Rosa, NM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2011

When planning our long journey from tucson arizona to enid oklahoma we decided to stop in santa rosa for a rest before continuing on through. They are a pet friendly hotel except the website says a flat pet fee when really it depends on the animals weight. The desk clerk was very sweet tho and gave us the website price because of the misunderstanding. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the santa fe grille down the road hit the spot. Overall great "quicky" experience! :-)

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank Cowgrl29
Santarosanm, General Manager at Quality Inn Santa Rosa, responded to this review, 22 March 2013
Thank you so much for your review we appreciated your business.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2011

Great stay at this motel. Rooms were clean and comfortable, the pool was wonderful, and the staff was very helpful. Also MUCH cheaper than some of the other motels in Santa Rosa.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank JohnEDallas
Santarosanm, General Manager at Quality Inn Santa Rosa, responded to this review, 13 July 2013
Hello:

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful comment.

We appreciate it very much.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2010

I originally thought I have booked at Comfort Inn; however, this hotel was Comfort Inn, but changed to Quality Inn in 2009. It was already late; and after long hours, I have decided to stay since it is still a part of Choice Hotel Family. The front desk lady was very helpful and friendly. Explained all the amenities of the hotel. She has given us the 1st floor since my wife needed easy access. Parking was great. Spacious room and very very comfortable beds. Breakfast again was great. It looks like the hotel has recently been renovated. I was impressed and will stay back after Christmas when we return from California. Highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank almurray55711
Thank you so much for staying with us. we are very glad you had good stay with us.
Have Wonderful day
Jenks, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2010

We stayed at this hotel twice in November, 2010: Once on our way to Tucson, and once on our way back home. On the first visit, the toilet flushed very slowly, and nearly stopped by the time we left. We advised the front desk upon departure. I asked, "is it usually slow?" and the clerk said "no." Also, the towel rack kept falling off.

Ten days later, we were back for our second visit. They gave us the same room. The towel rack still fell off. The toilet was still slow. By morning, it was stopped up. I phoned the front desk, and she said, "okay, come up to the front desk and I'll give you our plunger." I said, "don't you have someone who does that here?" She said, "well I could ask Housekeeping, but they don't come in until 8:30. I can ask when they come in, but I don't know if they will be willing to do it." I said, "then you need to move us to another room with a working toilet so my children can use the bathroom this morning." She declined and said that she would send Housekeeping over at 8:30. Meanwhile, it was 7:00 and no toilet.

I fumed over this situation for a few minutes and called back and asked if I could speak to the manager. She said, "he isn't in on Sunday, but he will be back in on Monday." and assured me that she would send Housekeeping over. (But did that mean they'd be willing to plunge?)

At 8:20, she sent over a man, who turns out to not be from Housekeeping, and I never did find out which department he was with. He walked in with a plunger, and as he began to work, I said, "use one of our trash cans on your way out so you don't drip toilet water through the room, okay?" He asked me if I was finished with the towels he saw. I said yes, and he told me he'd wrap the plunger in the towels. He plunged the toilet and said, "well, there it goes," and seeing how slowly it flushed, he continued, "but I wouldn't trust it." I let him know that we notified the front desk more than a week ago that it was slow, and he informed that their maintenance employee "never gets anything done."

Knowing that he was going to walk back through our room with a plunger right out of the toilet made me realize that this hotel probably isn't the cleanest place. It really seemed more like a cheap motel, which is what I try to avoid. Also, when we walked on the carpeting in our socks, they turned black.

The continental breakfast is nothing to write home about. The eggs were very yucky and dry. They might have been artificial, but I didn't ask. But there is cereal and pastries, etc. We didn't eat there on our 2nd visit because I was just too grossed out and disgusted by a hotel that would ask me to plunge their toilet for them.

The parking was good. We requested nonsmoking and 1st floor, and were accommodated. There was a small fridge and microwave in our room. The high-speed internet worked very well.

But based on the cleanliness and the way it's maintained (by guests?), I would never recommend this hotel to a friend.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MsChris87
Santarosanm, General Manager at Quality Inn Santa Rosa, responded to this review, 30 January 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry for all your troubles and bad experience at the hotel. If you decide to give us another chance feel free to contact our hotel. I will guarantee you will enjoyed your stay

Travellers are raving about these Santa Rosa hotels

Castle Rock, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2010

There were a group of baseball players who were allowed to party until about 2 am. They were on both sides of our room so we could hear it all night because they did it outside of their rooms: yelling, talking, running and breaking beer bottles, etc. We were only sleeping in the room because our gathering was at my father's home in Santa Rosa. I had been at the motel to change clothes about 8pm and asked the front desk person to make sure they were done "partying" by 9 or 10 pm. He said he would tell them. We got back to the room at 10:45 and the party was still going strong. I called downstairs and the front desk person said they would let the partiers know again that they should keep it down. The next morning, we had to step through the broken glass, beer bottles, beer case boxes and peanut shells to get downstairs for breakfast. I talked to the front desk person about 9 am and they said they would clean up the glass (which they said they already knew about). When I checked out, the front desk person asked if everything besides the noise (party) was alright. I said, "besides not sleeping, the toilet seat was broken and kept falling off". If we had been able to sleep, I think it might have been adequate but we will never stay in this motel again, mostly because of the front desk attitude and lack of authority. I am sorry they have no authority at the front desk to take care of situations like this.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank cbkids4
Santarosanm, Manager at Quality Inn Santa Rosa, responded to this review, 16 August 2010
We believe this was one of our competitor who wrote this.
Houston, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2010

When I first arrived at the Quality Inn, I was disappointed. It was clearly an older hotel and didn't look very promising.

However, I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived in the room. It had been recently remodelled and was quite spacious and comfortable. There were 2 queen beds and a pull out couch. Everyone was comfortable.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for give us a chance. I'm glad you had good stay. Thank you for your review