“Food Alergy friendly and understanding”

Antonio's The Taste of Mexico
Ranked #8 of 131 Restaurants in Taos
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: An Eclectic Taste Of Mexico. Chef Antonio covers all the bases, deliciously. Everything on the menu is prepared fresh and made to order and the majority of the menu can be prepared gluten free. Because of the flavorful, full-bodied sauces, you will be pleasantly full at the end of your meal accompanied with a fun Margarita like a Jalapeno, Watermelon Margarita. Nothing else like Antonio's Restaurant in beautiful Taos, New Mexico.
Reviewed 12 October 2017

Sara made it a point to note the food intolerances and allergies that make dining out a challenge for me. Antonio made me a wonderful meal. It's great to feel the hospitality and graciousness Sara and Antonia bring to the table. The food - Delicious, wholesome, flavorful, satisfying. No gluten, garlic, and more on my plate without any issues! It's good to have you two back 'home' in Taos again! My husband and I enjoy each meal, whether it's a special or ordered from the menu, it's simply a joy to get out and eat flavorful food in a comfortable and clean place. We plan to eat here each week before choir practice, and again when the mood strikes my husband to take me on a 'date'. Thank you so much for bringing your talents back to Taos! Very Very Good

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Antonio's was such a wonderful dining experience. Our waitress, Leah, was nice and friendly. She explained the menu very well and helped us to decide what we may like to order, which was a hard choice since most we were interested in trying many dishes. The chips and salsa were great along with a bowl of pozole. So good! I had the special which included an enchilada, a taco, and a tamale while my husband ordered the chicken stuffed sopapilla. Let me tell you....we had a flavor explosion in our mouth that night! Everything was delicious and the service was great! Antonio also came out to greet us. We expressed to him our satisfaction with his dishes. We then ordered the flan for dessert. Yummy! Everything we ate was so good that we went back 2 nights later for more! We ordered the same apps but added guacamole this time. We ordered fish tacos and green chile chicken mango enchiladas. Again we were amazed by the freshness and quality of our food. Even though they were busy that night, Leah made sure everyone was taken care of. Our dessert was their "warm pumpkin". Double yummy for that one!! We highly recommend taking the time to stop by for and excellent New Mexico dining experience.

Sarahml_12, Owner at Antonio's The Taste of Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Hi there!,
Thank you so, so much! for choosing Antonio's for your dining experience!. It gives us all great joy to know that your experience was a pleasant one. We make sure that everything that we put out for guest is fresh from our delicious dishes to our beverages. We ain't kidding you. And the main ingredient to all that we do and prepare, is love. We love all our guest. We appreciate you and everyone that walks into our doors. We do our very best to make sure that everyone gets a memorable experience and comes back.
A million thanks to the both of you for your generous and kind words.
We look forward to seeing and catering to you again.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Small place on the south edge of Taos with the best New Mexican food in NM, in my opinion. Wait staff are great, and the food is all prepared by Antonio himself. Can't rave enough about this place.

Sarahml_12, Owner at Antonio's The Taste of Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Thank you! Phillip, for your kind words and for choosing Antonio's for your dining experience. We truly appreciate you.
sincerely,

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Stopped in while visiting taos, had looked at some reviews and decided why not. Thank goodness I tried it. The food was outstanding, you could taste the freshness of all the ingredients! It was unlike any other mexican food I have ever had...and Ive had alot. The service was great, actually great is an understatement!! The staff was prompt and extremely helpful. The chef is a master at blending the flavors to bring out the best in every dish. My only regret is that I dont live close enough to eat there all the time! If you are in or near taos for whatever reason it is a definite must stop and eat here!

Brian.
We appreciate you for stopping in. It's very nice to hear that you found everything to be outstanding. Antonio Always comes in early to make sure that everything is always prepared fresh. It's always our pleasure to be extremely helpful. We hope to see you again. Your never too far:))

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Excellent, clean, fresh Mexican food uniquely prepared and so tasty. Excellent service. I had the Green Chili Chicken Mango Enchiladas and look forward to going back and checking out more items tomorrow.

Carmen,
Thank you for choosing Antonio's for your dining experience. It's a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your Chicken Mango Enchiladas. We appreciate you very much.