“Best Mexican Food in Taos!”

Antonio's The Taste of Mexico
Ranked #1 of 131 Restaurants in Taos
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: An Eclectic Taste Of Mexico. Chef Antonio covers all the bases, deliciously. Everything on the menu is prepared fresh and made to order and the majority of the menu can be prepared gluten free. Because of the flavorful, full-bodied sauces, you will be pleasantly full at the end of your meal accompanied with a fun Margarita like a Jalapeno, Watermelon Margarita. Nothing else like Antonio's Restaurant in beautiful Taos, New Mexico.
Reviewed October 28, 2017

I was blown away by the excellent food we were served here! My taste buds haven't been tickled like this in a long time and the portions were quite generous as well. I had pork tenderloins in a fantastic mole sauce and my wife swears that her fajitas were some of the best she's ever had! Prices were affordable, service was attentive and Antonio himself stopped by our table for a nice chat during our dinner. Antonio's creativity is obvious and a great experience for all. It's a must stop for anyone wanting a fabulous Mexican meal.

Sarahml_12, Manager at Antonio's The Taste of Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2017

Revlou,
Thank You for choosing Antonio's for your dining experience. We are pleased to hear that you had a Pleasant experience.
Antonio loves to come out of the kitchen to see his fiends and meet new guests. Antonio really cares about your experience and wants to make sure that it's a pleasant one. He is passionate about his cooking and it pleases him when people are having a great experience.
Thank you for your kind words. We truly appreciate your visit. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

Antonio's is the best Mexican cuisine in the entire state of New Mexico. Everything taste so fresh. It's truly exquisite. I can't say enough. You must try. You will be hooked. My partner and I go weekly. We can stay away. Just go. You will love it!

Sarahml_12, Manager at Antonio's The Taste of Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2017

Thank You! Teresa,
For your kind words. It's always a pleasure to have you both coming in. We appreciate your business very much. We always look forward to seeing you.

Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

Stopped in while visiting from Indiana. Our son had a project for his HS Spainish class for which he needed to order in spainish for himself and another person and video it. They were happy to help and even gave him a copy of the menu and business card to include in his review. Best Mexican food ever! Everything was fresh and the beef tacos were fantastic. We have a local Mexican place that we love, but Antonio's was even better. Everyone was super friendly. If you want gourmet Mexican food you have to try Antonio's. Big thanks to the owners and staff for an amazing experience. Including pics of the great food.

1  Thank Deseree M
Sarahml_12, Owner at Antonio's The Taste of Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2017

Deseree,
It was a pleasure to meet you all and a pleasure to be of help to your son with learning spanish. He was very sweet. We are very pleased that you enjoyed everything. Thank you for choosing Antonio's for dining experience.

Reviewed October 12, 2017

Sara made it a point to note the food intolerances and allergies that make dining out a challenge for me. Antonio made me a wonderful meal. It's great to feel the hospitality and graciousness Sara and Antonia bring to the table. The food - Delicious, wholesome, flavorful, satisfying. No gluten, garlic, and more on my plate without any issues! It's good to have you two back 'home' in Taos again! My husband and I enjoy each meal, whether it's a special or ordered from the menu, it's simply a joy to get out and eat flavorful food in a comfortable and clean place. We plan to eat here each week before choir practice, and again when the mood strikes my husband to take me on a 'date'. Thank you so much for bringing your talents back to Taos! Very Very Good

Reviewed October 12, 2017

Antonio's was such a wonderful dining experience. Our waitress, Leah, was nice and friendly. She explained the menu very well and helped us to decide what we may like to order, which was a hard choice since most we were interested in trying many dishes. The chips and salsa were great along with a bowl of pozole. So good! I had the special which included an enchilada, a taco, and a tamale while my husband ordered the chicken stuffed sopapilla. Let me tell you....we had a flavor explosion in our mouth that night! Everything was delicious and the service was great! Antonio also came out to greet us. We expressed to him our satisfaction with his dishes. We then ordered the flan for dessert. Yummy! Everything we ate was so good that we went back 2 nights later for more! We ordered the same apps but added guacamole this time. We ordered fish tacos and green chile chicken mango enchiladas. Again we were amazed by the freshness and quality of our food. Even though they were busy that night, Leah made sure everyone was taken care of. Our dessert was their "warm pumpkin". Double yummy for that one!! We highly recommend taking the time to stop by for and excellent New Mexico dining experience.

Sarahml_12, Owner at Antonio's The Taste of Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2017

Hi there!,
Thank you so, so much! for choosing Antonio's for your dining experience!. It gives us all great joy to know that your experience was a pleasant one. We make sure that everything that we put out for guest is fresh from our delicious dishes to our beverages. We ain't kidding you. And the main ingredient to all that we do and prepare, is love. We love all our guest. We appreciate you and everyone that walks into our doors. We do our very best to make sure that everyone gets a memorable experience and comes back.
A million thanks to the both of you for your generous and kind words.
We look forward to seeing and catering to you again.