“loved it. LOVED IT”

Ranked #8 of 131 Restaurants in Taos
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: An Eclectic Taste Of Mexico. Chef Antonio covers all the bases, deliciously. Everything on the menu is prepared fresh and made to order and the majority of the menu can be prepared gluten free. Because of the flavorful, full-bodied sauces, you will be pleasantly full at the end of your meal accompanied with a fun Margarita like a Jalapeno, Watermelon Margarita. Nothing else like Antonio's Restaurant in beautiful Taos, New Mexico.
Reviewed 1 December 2017

Single mom of three rowdy boys? That's me. They happily sat us at the bar and waited on us with patience, love and quick friendly service. The menu is beautiful. The guacamole is perfect. Warm chips. Great wine suggestion. Clean and low key yet full of class and charm. I loved the experience and can't wait to go back. Thank you for accepting us with your open hearts!

Reviewed 29 November 2017

Casual atmosphere, friendly knowledgeable service, small place and fantastic value. Pozole is boring at most places, here it is loaded with lean delicious meat in a savory broth with hominy neither too firm nor too soft. I wouldn't drive past this place without getting some more. Five dollars per serving. Had a small appetite and only added flautas with chicken from the appetizer list. The flautas were ok but not as good as the soup. Nine dollars per serving. Service was fast even though it was prime time on a Saturday evening.

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

This is the first time I have tried this restaurant since Antonio opened it at this location. A friend was in town visiting and we both decided it was some of the tastiest Mexican food we have had thus far in Taos. I had beef enchiladas and my friend had a relleno plate. She says it is the best she has ever tasted. This was gourmet Mexican food with reasonable prices. I will definitely recommend this restaurant to all future guests.

Sarahml_12, Manager at Antonio's The Taste of Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Laurie,
Thank You! for choosing Antonio's for your dining experience. It was nice of you to bring your friend from out of town. We're very pleased that your friend chose my suggestion which is Our Signature Dish, Our Chile Relleno En Nogada. I knew she would really love it.
Thank you for taking a moment to express your ding experience and for your kind words.
We appreciate your business very much. Please come back soon.

Reviewed 28 October 2017

I was blown away by the excellent food we were served here! My taste buds haven't been tickled like this in a long time and the portions were quite generous as well. I had pork tenderloins in a fantastic mole sauce and my wife swears that her fajitas were some of the best she's ever had! Prices were affordable, service was attentive and Antonio himself stopped by our table for a nice chat during our dinner. Antonio's creativity is obvious and a great experience for all. It's a must stop for anyone wanting a fabulous Mexican meal.

Sarahml_12, Manager at Antonio's The Taste of Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Revlou,
Thank You for choosing Antonio's for your dining experience. We are pleased to hear that you had a Pleasant experience.
Antonio loves to come out of the kitchen to see his fiends and meet new guests. Antonio really cares about your experience and wants to make sure that it's a pleasant one. He is passionate about his cooking and it pleases him when people are having a great experience.
Thank you for your kind words. We truly appreciate your visit. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

Antonio's is the best Mexican cuisine in the entire state of New Mexico. Everything taste so fresh. It's truly exquisite. I can't say enough. You must try. You will be hooked. My partner and I go weekly. We can stay away. Just go. You will love it!

Sarahml_12, Manager at Antonio's The Taste of Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

Thank You! Teresa,
For your kind words. It's always a pleasure to have you both coming in. We appreciate your business very much. We always look forward to seeing you.