El Pueblo Lodge(Taos)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$130
The Historic Taos Inn(Taos)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$89
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$101/night.

US$249
US$224
  • Pool
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$259/night.

US$131
US$119
Hampton.com
US$158
US$129
US$149
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$175/night.

US$160
US$141
Casa Benavides Historic Inn(Taos)(Great Value!)
US$130
All reviewslove appletaos mountainsteam showercowgirl roomtaos suitenew mexicocookiesadirondack chairshuevos rancheroseach morningmountain viewbreakfast was deliciouskiva fireplacefriendly hostsbed and breakfastmabel dodgethe main house
Reviewed June 12, 2011

I recently visited Taos, New Mexico for the first time. The trip was spontaneous and unplanned. At the very last minute, I booked a night at the Hacienda del Sol bed and breakfast. This "home" was clean, quiet, and comfortable. I call it a home because that's how I felt staying there. However, it is spacious with courtyards, shade, privacy and mountain views. The folks I met were pleasent and professional. I felt welcomed and relaxed. I am planning another trip to New Mexico for next year. This time I will spend most of my time in Taos. With any luck, I will be able to book a stay at the Hacienda del Sol for several days and truely sit back and relax.

Room Tip: The owner can match the best room when you call.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed June 9, 2011

I just spent 3 days at Hacienda del Sol and the experience is great!!! The staff are
wonderful and the grounds and flowers amazing. They have yummy breakfasts
and my room was darling with so many cute southwest touches. My boyfriend and
I had a relaxing, romantic getaway and the managers gave us great tips on where
to hike and dine and local attractions to visit. Overall it was a fantastic weekend. A must!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Every year my husband and i take a week to travel west to a single location that is very different in beauty from what we experience in the east (we live in North Carolina) as well
as a place that will allow us time and circumstance to read, talk and just 'be' together.
This year we came to Taos and to the Hacienda del Sol. We could not have been more pleased!

The inn itself is lovely and old. Our room was 'La Escondida,' a very comfortable one which looks out onto the quiet grassy courtyard ringed in willows and cottonwoods and planted with thick patches of sapphire blue bachelor buttons. Purplish mountains rise behind it.

The inn was our 'home away from home' for a week. Each morning, after a delicious breakfast, we embarked on a day-excursion (llama trekking, narrow gage railroad trip into the Colorado Mountains, day trip into Santa Fe) always to return most gladly to the comfort and peace of the Hacienda.

But it is the staff, the innkeepers, Luellen and Gerd, Erika and Mark, who made this a
truly exceptional place. They were always warm, accessible, helpful, and simply a delight. We've been to many lovely small hotels and bed & breakfasts around the country, but
the kindness and care we were given at the Hacienda del Sol exceeds them all.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2011

My boyfriend and I came here for a nice weekend and stayed in the "Cowboy Room." The room was cozy and nicely decorated. The views overlooking the Taos Mountain are beautiful. It is a perfect place for a little R&R. The chef's breakfast exceeded our expectations, not surprisingly. We will definitely come back.

Room Tip: The cowboy room
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2011

Hacienda del Sol was everything we want in a B&B; friendly, quirky, personal touches, and a bit of the old "pre-hippy kitsch" period of Taos and New Mexico's history. We stayed in Mabel's salon - with two skylights that didn't disturb our sleep at all and neither did the street noise (its fifty yards away on the other side of a privacy wall, two lanes, and only busy during daylight anyway since you're a good mile out of the center of town). The room was huge, with a kiva fireplace, and a bath with tub, gorgeous old tilework and a Mexican pottery sink, comfortable robes, a fridge, and lots of books and magazines covering Taos' history, art, and travel.

A minor reccomendation I would make would be to upgrade the towels in the bathroom to match the bathrobes and nice toiletries provided.

Luellen and Gerd were accomodating and gracious as were there daughter and son and law, whom they were "teaching the ropes" of running Hacienda del Sol for them this summer while they return to their other jobs in the cruise ship industry. Gerd's breakfasts were wonderful - he makes huevos rancheros as they should be made; a hearty, old fashioned ranch breakfast, with simple ingredients that are perfectly prepared.

They have been there three years and have been busily renovating and updating what was obviously getting to be a little long in the tooth B&B. Some things still need work - the hot tub's garden surroundings are still a little rough, but otherwise the grounds are beautiful and they've thinned some of the trees to give beautiful views of the mountains.

Best of all, right down the lane is the best restaurant in Taos, the Love Apple. Make sure you make a reservation early and bring cash or checks since they don't take credit cards, but be sure to go it was the best locovore experience of our week in New Mexico.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple