“Good place for a reasonable meal”
Review of Sunset Grill

Sunset Grill
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Description: Used to be located at 304 S. Pershing.
Description: Used to be located at 304 S. Pershing.
Reviewed May 23, 2018

I had lunch at Sunset Grill upon arriving in T or C. I was fortunate that they were open, as they are closed on Tuesdays. Not much for atmosphere, but the wait staff were very friendly and helpful. My waitress gave me a guide to T or C which was very helpful. She also suggested a couple of places downtown to visit. The food was not fancy, but good. Prices were good, also.

Reviewed April 23, 2018

Very basic food but tasted good. There were only 2 other people dining (obviously local and knew the server well) and the server and chef gave us their full attention and service. When my 7 yo couldn't tolerate the spice of the marinara in the spaghetti the server asked the chef to whip up some butter noodles like she already knew that was his favorite food. Wonderfully kind service.

Reviewed April 10, 2018

Family owned and operated. Food is great service is wonderful. If you have a special request on how you would like your food made if they can do it they will !!!!!!

Reviewed April 10, 2018

This place isn't much to look at from the outside, or the inside for that matter, but the food more than makes up for it. I had my first carne adovada here and thereafter developed cravings for it, but few places in New Mexico made it as well as they do here. Service is good--you can even converse with the cook while you wait, through the pass-through (she told me how to make the red chile sauce for the adovada and I did; not as good as hers but passable). This is one of the VERY few cases in which I rave about the meal even though the hashbrowns are not fresh cut--that's how good it is. We've considered going for lunch or dinner but love the breakfast so much we haven't yet--will try it. It takes a good memory to figure out and remember their hours, but make a note and take a photo of their sign, and stop in.

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

The cons: The place is pretty old. If you don't like the look of the outside then you sure won't care for the inside. Outdated furniture that's not in the best condition. This place definitely needs restoration.

Pros: I have to say we almost left but decided to give this place a chance. Glad we did because the food was pretty good I must say. We were pleasantly surprised with our plates. We ordered the BLT and the Carne Adobada plates. Staff (Cheyenne) was also nice.
If they would dress this place up, I think it could be a diamond in the rough.