All reviews eucalyptus room happy belly deli sunflower casita morning glory room agave room yellow cottage hot springs community kitchen laid back get away private tub coffee maker hot mineral charming place enjoyed our stay in town love this place
Reviewed May 30, 2018 via mobile

Cute little house, perfect for a weekend getaway especially with the hot tub! Had a smidge of trouble with it but calling the owner was really helpful and was over in a matter of minutes to fix it! The only thing is don’t leave food out for too long because we did have an ant problem and had to throw some food away. Other than that, my boyfriend and I really enjoyed the stay!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I reserved a 2night stay to relax and enjoy a getaway. We stayed in #3 Waterfall room. At first glance the room looked fine, rustic and cozy. However...
We left after the first night due to the discomfort of active cockroaches in the room and bathroom. Room was so dark that the roaches were crawling in the sink while I brushed my teeth and my husband saw them. Gross.
The property is not well maintained at all, run down and trashy in the outer areas where guests may go.
The owner needs to do a total remodel.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2018

My family loves Firewater and has been coming back year after year.
We love the relaxed, family friendly atmosphere. You don't have to tip toe around and whisper. It's funky and relaxing and the tubs are wonderful! We totally recommend
this place for people who do not need their hand held and are not requiring a spa/resort atmosphere. I am already mentally planning my next visit!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed April 30, 2018

I wanted a relaxing getaway to write and read before the craziness of season in Santa Fe begins. I will say the only welcome I got was from a nice cat named Boots, who visited me, talked to me and hung out with me. I stayed in Datura room, which I picked because it had a couch, which I thought would be perfect for reading and writing, alas, the room is dark and there is no lamp by the couch by which to read. There was no shade outside where the comfortable chairs were so sitting outside in the 80+ heat was not an option. . You don't check-in anywhere so there is almost no information about the town, places to eat etc except an arts brochure full of ads. There was a gentleman doing maintenance who was pleasant but not necessarily welcoming, and on my second day as I was trying to relax and read, he got into a loud fight with the people in the room next door about a misunderstanding about reservations, when I said I was looking for peace and quiet all he said was "I understand" and no apology was made. The tubs are interesting, though not comfortable for relaxing and reading as you slide on the bottom if you try to lean against a wall. I didn't find the promised microwave and refrigerator until day 2, behind an unmarked door I thought was for an adjoining room, in that room there was a swarm of ants devouring a wasp, I also killed what looked like a brown widow spider by the bathroom sink. All and all, I will not return to T or C, definitely not worth the drive as most of the town was closed, though the food at the Sierra Grande hotel was amazing, as good as anything in Santa Fe and aside from meeting Boots, the highlight of my visit.

Room Tip: if you don't plan to hang out in your room, any will do I suspect
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank coachca
Reviewed April 22, 2018

We really like this place. Nice rooms with in room tubs in most rooms. The problem is no one ever seems to be around (management) if you need something or have a problem. There is a phone number posted, but not always answered. Also they have started requiring a 2 night stay which is not always possible plus I would think it might cause some folks to stay elsewhere due to cost. We have stayed in many of the T or C Hot Springs facilities and Firewater is certainly our favorite. When we travel in this area it is usually our first choice. I don't understand how some folks say they only stayed one night unless they paid for two and only stayed one. Please reconsider this idea.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple