All reviewsmain buildingpink pelicanbright colorstraining campthirty yearsin townhot springsunique decororiginal artjapanese stylemineral tubsone of a kindfun placewithin walking distancefull kitchenchain hotelcookie cutter
Reviewed September 4, 2017 via mobile

For one reason or another, I am all over the world. If it isn't Beirut, it is Iraq or Afghanistan, and if not there, the Pacific Rim, or India, or Europe. Maybe to some, it sounds glorious. But glorious it isn't always . It can actually have a way of wearing one down, perhaps tinting one's worldview to a jaded shade. Anyone reading this review is probably wondering where this is going. After all, this is a travel review, correct?
As stated, I do get around. I have opportunities to stay at amazing hotels, average hotels, and then, terrible hotels.
I have been coming to Truth or Consequences for thirty years for the natural hot springs whose medicinal qualities are rated in the top ten in the USA.
I also come for the wonderful small town ambiance, where excellent restaurants can be found. But regardless of the qualities of a tow, having a good place to stay is the foundation to any vacation or trip, and the Pelican Spa president vies just that. Crazy as it sounds, but the Pelican Spa might just be the best hotel in the world. Sure, The Peninsula in Hong Kong provides a telescope in your room, but who cares? Of any place I have ever stayed in any country, the Pelican Spa is the jewel, and found right here in this small town. Sid, who is the owner, has the elegant tastes necessary to not only create aesthetic living spaces, but the demeanor to make everyone who stays here feel like family. He knows what customer service really means. Connie, who works for him as a manager is a delight to talk to, and she clearly knows the customer is always right and doesn't stop until the customer has a stress free stay with no problems that can't be quickly resolved. This is not my first time here. I have come here for years, I will drive fifteen hours to come and stay here. The Pelican Spa is just that good. I generally don't write more than one review per place I stay. However, the Pelican Spa, from Sid to Connie to the staff, clearly prove the exception. This place is just not a jewel in New Mexico, it can stand on its own in even the best company.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2017

I stayed her for a dance festival in T and C that weekend and booked the Mandarin Suite for my stay. The Pelican is a very funky and laid-back motel. It is comprised of a number of older buildings, and thus you see the wear and tear of the years here. However, the room was comfortable and enjoyable. The art on the walls and around the complex was funky and fun. The bright colors of the paint was refreshing. The spa itself is composed of numerous concrete tubs that you fill with water from the hot spring. It was very relaxing, and you can visit the tubs as often as you like during your stay.

I personally found the room very comfortable. The window air conditioners worked good enough to keep the room cool, the bed was in good enough shape for a good rest, and the second room of the suite had a nice flat screen TV with satellite.

If I was to pick at anything, it would be the housekeeping. You will get a clean room at check in...but don't expect anything more. In the two nights I spent there, there was no housekeeping after the initial check in. I guess they don't figure to clean it except between guests. So, no clean towels and sheets. There was however, a tip envelope. I would have been happy to tip...if I had actually gotten housekeeping service between nights. Do watch the dishes and glasses also, as they may not be as clean to your liking and may need additional rinsing.

In review...keep your expectations of a "spa" down and you will enjoy this place. If you stay mellow while there, you will really enjoy it. If you expect exceptional service and facilities, I would suggest you find something else.

Room Tip: I would suggest any room in the Red Pelican building. Pink Pelican seemed too run down.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2017

Very NM style , very cute clean hotel , has FREE unlimited mineral spa baths ! Defenetley worth checking it out . Just ask for the free unlimited thermal mineral baths . All rooms have kitchen and microwave and fridge , Very New Mexico style !

Room Tip: ask for upstairs room for view and more quiet
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Sid B, Owner at Pelican Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2017

Thank you for your kind words, we appreciate you staying with us! All our guests can enjoy free unlimited hot mineral baths. Now we've installed air conditioning in each of the rooms so it's comfortable to soak even if the temperatures are warm outdoors. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

Staff was very friendly and on top of any issues! Our room was clean and neatly decorated. Very quite so you could RELAX! The tubs were absolutely amazing! We will be making more trips! But this is definitely a fall or winter type trip! Way to hot in August for hot springs mineral !

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Sid B, Owner at Pelican Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2017

Thank you for visiting us and your kind words, so glad you enjoyed your stay. We just put some air conditioning in a couple of the tubs, something to try for the summer. Hope to see you this fall!

Reviewed July 17, 2017

This was my second time to visit the Pelican, absolutely Love, Love, love this place!!! You can't beat the vibe of the place, the healing baths, the great artwork, or Connie and her INCREDIBLE staff!!! Thank you again for providing such a magical sa

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Sid B, Owner at Pelican Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2017

We are so thankful you had a great time. Please, come see us again anytime!