All reviews lift tickets the main lodge food truck disc golf course four seasons ski area bloody marys ski trip spring break great place to learn to ski duplex lodging skiing snow cabin tv michael
Reviewed March 20, 2017

I'd hate for the secret of Sipapu to get out but I want to give credit where it is do:

Michael- Seem to host our little family everywhere we went. He greeted us at 8:30 PM at our arrival. Made 2 trips to our cabin that night accommodating our requests. He's a great bartender and all round good host.

The guys operating the lift are so friendly.

Daniel- Excellent patient ski school instructor. Request private lessons for your kids with him. He had my 7 year old daughter skiing steep blues on her 3rd day on skis.

Another gentlemen who's name alludes me but he is a biologist in the summers was an awesome adult instructor.

Regardless....Love this place. Don't tell anyone about it. Thanks for a great trip!

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Nick T
Reviewed March 14, 2017 via mobile

This was our second year going to Sipapu for our family ski trip. We absolutely love it here. The mountain has all levels of runs. We feel very comfortable letting the kids ski and do their own thing because we know we will meet back up with them at the bottom of the hill. Great little find and they have really good specials that make it very affordable

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed March 10, 2017

The best part of Sipapu is its still a well-kept secret. Its not busy. There's not people everywhere you turn. Sipapu is amazing for a quick weekend getaway. We go yearly and have yet to be disappointed! The cabins & duplexes are all very well maintained and look great for the price! At the main building they have a closet full of games you can grab because there's no TV's anywhere. There's also no wifi, (unless you are right at the restaurant area).
We have found Sipapu as a great place for our kids to learn to ski. I suggest staying in the duplexes, they have the most space for your money. Bring a cooler with food for the day, set up at a table, & go ski. They're not hounding you to spend money everywhere you turn and, in the years we've been going, I've never had a single thing stolen.

Pack everything you need, because thier store front is limited, but it covers the basics. When the snow is heavy, you have to be careful driving on the mountain. Overall, Sipapu is a great place that I'd recommend to everyone.

Room tip: Duplex 14 A or B are the best & hike the frisbie golf trail, its AMAZING!
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank sharberfam
Reviewed March 4, 2017 via mobile

Just got back from a 4 day trip at Sipapu and had a blast! This was only my second time skiing. Last year I went to Winter Park in Colorado which was pretty opposite of Sipapu. This place is much much smaller but it was perfect for beginning skiers like myself. Even people in my group that are much more experienced love coming here. I took a free one hour lesson with Aaron and he was awesome. Very helpful. I was skiing blues without falling on the second day. I loved having no waits for the ski lifts. It was so small that our group would end separate but always find each other again pretty quickly. We stayed in a suite and some other friends stayed in the hotel. Definitely not the fanciest lodging but it was fine. I would definitely go back to Sipapu in the future!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed February 27, 2017

As a child I loved this place and as an adult appreciate it even more it just a very sweet place kind people many things to do and the place and area get you grounded back to true I love it great place to learn to ski or just sit and listen to the stream wonderful gift shop the have a new chairlift great food and this place is just special