“Lots more on menu than shown”
Review of Penny's Diner

Penny's Diner
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Vaughn
Cuisines: American
Description: on Hwy 285
Description: on Hwy 285
Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant had the usual Penny’s menu printed but we missed all the more interesting, local items that are written by the ceiling and our waitress didn’t mention them. They have burritos, taco salad, breakfast tacos and things you’d think of in New Mexico. We’d placed our order long enough before to change.

We had a burger and fish sandwich which were very ordinary. But there is not much around and the restaurant and rest rooms were clean, so it’s your best choice for the area. There is truck and RV parking too.

Reviewed April 10, 2018 via mobile

I had the fabulous Philly, my son had the chicken fried steak. My Philly cheesesteak was great. The chicken fried steak was really good. Stop in, you'll love it.

Reviewed April 10, 2018 via mobile

Ate dinner at Penny’s Diner, Vaughn NM last week. I had a club sandwich and tater tots. The club sandwich was very good. I was very impressed with the amount of tater tots on my plate...lots of tots!

The portions were very generous and prices were reasonable. If in Vaughn again...I will return.

Reviewed April 2, 2018

This diner is located across from a truck stop and sits back a little from the main road. We almost missed it. We had a late breakfast of sausage, eggs, and pancakes. The service was good and so was the food. The diner is decorated with old Route 66 memorabilia. We had an enjoyable time and would stop here again.

Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

Stopped by penny’s on our recent trip through New Mexico and had some really good hamburgers with some homemade french fries. Although I would highly recommend the tater tot‘s because I think those are the best overall. They were very crisp and not oily at all. The homemade french fries On the other hand had a lot more oil on them because they were fresh cut potatoes that were deep fried and they were limp and not crisp which is understandable. I would recommend this place for a quick bite to eat.