This was our first stop on an eight day safari with Sanctuary Retreats. What a welcome! Right after we got off the plane we were taken to a little clearing for champagne and snacks while Adam and Alan (the guides for our group of 8) explained the rules and offered us some options for that afternoon. We chose to immediately do a game drive and check in to camp later. Great decision! We saw so many animals in that first few hours! It was difficult to be excited quietly and stay seated. The ride to camp was an adventure itself as many of the roads are under water - feet up!
The accommodations are in tents but pretty glamourous. And the wildlife wanders right by. One morning we had to detour around some elephants to get to breakfast.
We opted to do the "Walking with Elephants" option. It was fantastic! We learned so much about elephants and had unforgettable experiences with them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sanctuary Stanley's is a classic tented camp with just eight tents built under an imposing African Ebony tree on a private concession overlooking the Okavango floodplains. Sanctuary Stanley's Camp is built on a 260,000 acre private concession in the renowned Okavango Delta. This traditional safari camp has a large lounge area and dining area with incredible views over the floodplains in front of camp. The main area features a bar from where refreshing drinks are always served with a smile, a small library area and curio shop. From the swimming pool - a real treat after a hot day of game viewing - guests can watch giraffe and other plains game march across the savannah and sometimes catch a glimpse of rare wild dogs. Everything about Sanctuary Stanley's Camp is built to the highest ecological standards so that we don't damage this highly sensitive area.The intimate camp features only eight safari canvas tents, each individually designed, furnished with African antiques that exude a classic and understated elegance that harks back to the explorers and colonialists of the 19th century. Each tent has a large wooden deck providing private areas where you can relax in a hammock while soaking in the surrounding sights and sounds or enjoy cocktails, before dinner is served in the spectacular dining mess. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Sanctuary Stanley's Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Stanley`s Camp Hotel Okavango Delta
- Sanctuary Stanley's Camp Botswana/Okavango Delta