“Outstanding food and welcoming atmosphere”
Review of Canal Walk Cafe

Canal Walk Cafe
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Can't say enough about the delicious hot breakfast plus great service in a welcoming and home type of comfort atmosphere at this place! I ordered Italian toast with eggs, sausage and home fried potatoes. It was fresh thick sliced Italian bread that was amazing. The home fried potatoes were fresh cut and tasted delicious. Eggs and sausage were cooked to perfection. Even though our waitress had just started a few days ago, she new the menu well and her service was excellent. The place is very clean and the decor is nicely vintage, warm and inviting like a Norman Rockwell image of small town America in the good old days. What elevates the atmosphere is that it is actually filled with people who know each other and greet each other by name. If you go through Baldwinsville (an absolutely lovely Village) and are looking for a great home cooked breakfast or lunch -this is a place you must try!

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

The Canal Walk Cafe is our favorite place to have a Sunday breakfast when guest visit.

I highly recommend the Healthy Hobo and Potato Hash Browns. Big enough to split. They do great omelettes and specials.

They have a few nice touches like toys for young children and newspapers to read that makes the space feel cozy.

Warm and friendly service. Wonderful coffee.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Cute little place in Bville. Stopped here for brunch. Service was great and very friendly. Prices are excellent. Food was very good. My little guy had pancakes and they made them to look like Mickey so he was happy. My niece had a western omelette and she devoured it. My wife and I both had the special. It had fresh cheese and tomatoes and spices and was on top of a nice bread. Looking forward to trying lunch there sometime.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

From the first sip of coffee to the end of the meal, we were impressed that so many people were enjoying this quaint little restaurant when the food was (and we could put it no other way) tasteless. The coffee tasted like hot water, the french toast way too thick, the Belgian waffle enhanced only by the fruit and single egg.

On the plus side, the portions are large and the service is friendly and efficient.

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

This place is awesome. I called to make sure that they were still dog friendly and they were. They reserved a table for us. There is one 4 top available for dogs. We were greeted promptly and I ordered an egg white omelette with turkey sausage, spinach and onions with home fries and Italian toast my wife ordered a half hobo breakfast. We also had coffee and ice water. Our server was great, very attentive. Our food was absolutely delicious. The portions were huge. Pricing for 2 only $18 dollars with out tip. I highly recommend this establishment. They are only open for breakfast and lunch.