“Good choice”
Review of The Chequers Inn

The Chequers Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Chequers Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$18 - US$52
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fine Dining modern British
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

For some reason we haven’t been here before despite it only being a short distance from our home, and we were very impressed. The waiting staff were all very pleasant, informative and accommodating. The quality of the food was very high and the wines good. We will be back

1  Thank Nigel G

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We only live 5 mins drive away and we had heard great things about Chequers, so went to celebrate our wedding anniversary.

From start to finish it was excellent - great wine, fantastic service and beautiful food. We had the tasting menu, which for £45 was great value - and every dish was delicious.

So lucky to live nearby a local restaurant this good! We will be back!

1  Thank Matt M
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We went there for a friends birthday/girlie night out. one word "stunning" I can say this with confidence having been lucky enough to have eaten at 1,2 and 3 michelin star resturants. We had the 7 course taster menu. 3 had the veg option. I had the non veg option. All the dishes were beautifully presented and were amazing to eat. the chef and his wife as well as the rest of the staff were warm and welcoming.
My friends had wine paring and I did taste theirs. Lovely wines too. We will def be back.

Ps they even had a birthday card and some homemade chocolates waiting for her.

1  Thank DeniM2
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I had dinner at The Chequers Inn last weekend. We have had lots of excellent meals here but this time we decided to have the tasting menu with the wine pairings,which are optional.
The meal consisted of 7 courses which sounds like a lot of food but each course was delicately balanced and the meal was spaced perfectly so you got to take your time and savour every morsel. My favourite courses were the king scallops, Hereford fillet of beef and the halibut. The sloe gin and tonic granita refreshed the palate and the soufflé of heather honey and yoghurt was beautifully light.
And the wine! We began with a blood peach Bellini and had red and white wines which just matched every course perfectly!
The service was excellent and the atmosphere was perfect! I have to mention the owners, Dritan (chef), and Ranka who go out of their way to make every guest’s meal perfect. They are passionate about what they do and the food they serve! Whilst I am a meat eater I can’t wait to try the new vegan tasting menu...it looks creative and tasty!
We will be back very soon!

2  Thank CORINNE R
Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

Wow wow and more wow.
I took my wife here for her birthday and we had the tasting menu. And i cannot believe what excellent value it is. We've been to places that charge over £100 a head for taster menus and this was equally as good if not better. A lot of taster menus are all fancy and pretentious. This was much more normal, beautifully cooked and presented and excellent values. The wine pairing was spot on and again excellent value.

The service was great, not too on top of you but always there if you needed anything.

The venue itself is really nice, cosy, clean and comfortable. It is quite small but you don't feel on top of other people and you can easily have private conversations.

We will definitely be going back again. I really cannot recommend it highly enough.

1  Thank mrtn44