“Relaxing Setting”

Bedford Post - The Barn
Reserve with OpenTable
Bedford Post - The Barn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Bedford
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Metro North to Bedford Hills Station.
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Menu accommodates most tastes, including gluten-free sensitivities. Service is accommodating but not overly attentive outside tables in nice weather are a nice place to enjoy conversations.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

The restaurant is in transition, but my husband and I have been here twice and I have to say it's been good. We live locally and love the decor/setting. We have sat outside both times, b/c we came without a reservation, and we also prefer it.. I had the halibut the first time which was fresh and amazing.. but I have to say.. they have a "cauliflower steak" on the menu that is beyond delicious for anyone who is a vegetarian. Very fresh, innovative and I enjoyed every bite. It was served with farro and spinach.. a great dish!! Definitely returning.. the service was good too..I'm not sure what all the complaining is coming from..give it a try!

Reviewed 22 July 2017

We had dinner here tonite: my husband and myself and 2 grown up sons. The filet was good, the New York strip was tough, salmon was ok. I asked for something without garlic(am having surgery in 2 days) and the chef told the waitress that only the green salad didn't have garlic. They could have done a caprese, a piccata, a pasta, but they made no effort at all to try to accomodate me. There were 3 others ordering meals plus $130 bottle of wine. The salad was just romaine with a few strips of carrot and dressing so salty that I couldn't eat it.
I spoke to several friends a few days later and they had had similar problems. Stay away. Service was haphazard, the sommelier never refilled glasses. All very amateurish and unfriendly.

2  Thank ellentravels
Reviewed 13 July 2017

Lovely place with generally good food. There's always a good ambience and a nice outside space for the summer, where they cook on an open grill. They get very busy so the kitchen is inflexible and the staff hit and miss. We've had really nice people it's just that they're either too busy or just not that interested. I've even heard of people walking out without paying when they couldn't find a waiter to get their check....

1  Thank Simon B
Reviewed 14 June 2017

The recent changeover to a new operator promised to revitalize this restaurant a through a recognized farm to table restaurateur. As in the past we were happy with the ambiance and the food preparation was excellent but the service was absolutely lacking. Hopefully the inattentive servers or the ill prepared kitchen will improve.

3  Thank robertbeckman