“Wanted fried fish without the fuss!”
Review of Popei's Clam Bar

Popei's Clam Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Popei's Clam Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 71 Restaurants in Bethpage
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

We love fried seafood but dislike the oily smell in our house when we fry it. We wanted to give Popei’s a try. We had the steamers, a fried seafood platter and fried whole belly clams NOT clam strips and everything was delicious! One observation however, one entree was hot and the other not so much. The service, our waitress, was attentive and friendly. We will go back for sure! No more fish frying in our kitchen

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Rsmileeface

Reviewed June 18, 2018

I've been going here since I was a kid and have always loved it. Their seafood is fresh and delicious, and reasonably priced. I recommend the crab legs and the calamari.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

I've been looking for a good seafood restaurant in Bethpage and this is it! They have great service and unbelievable options for the best and freshest oysters, clams and mussels yippy can imagine!

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank LarryKhulmann
Reviewed April 4, 2018

On a flight layover on Long Island and had this place suggested by the hotel staff.
Really wanted seafood, especially clams. Front desk says this is the place to go.
What a homerun!

To be clear, I visited the Popei's on Wantagh in Bethpage. There are several Popei's in the area... I suspect a local chain. If the rest are as good as the one I visited, this area of Long Island is blessed.

I had a cup of their seafood bisque as a starter. How do you describe beyond perfectly delicious. I should have stopped there, it was that good along with their garlic bread.

Next I had the Popei's lunch Seafood Special ... which could also be known as the "you just killed dinner because you're going to leave here stuffed, special".
Mussels, clams, scungilli, calamari, shrimp, scallops, brocolli, cailiflower and sliced mushrooms over a bed of linguine and garlic butter sauce.

Service was perfect. Servers very attentive and helpful to us as first-timers.

I wish I had a Popei's a little closer to my home. I'd be a regular.
Thank you Popei's. Best meal I had anywhere on the visit.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Great casual seafood. Reservations are definitely needed. The food is served generously and the taste really great. The clams are to die for! All the entrees are great. I definitely recommend this place. Not the best place for a first date because it is noisy.

Date of visit: July 2017