All reviews front desk restaurant staff king bed chenango river business trip great room lost dog new york binghampton wedding cvs conference nyc
Reviewed October 2, 2018

I liked this Holiday Inn. The staff was great and the location was perfect with lots to do nearby. The hotel is modern and clean and I had a wonderful night sleep. I was attending a conference and was amazed at how good the food was from the catering team.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2018

We stayed at this Holiday Inn for one night as we were attending a Luma event downtown.
Things started out crummy when I called the hotel to ask about road closures for the event. I knew several streets were being blocked off so I wanted some advice as to which way to head out. (I am from the area so I know the streets and roads.) The woman on the phone was less then helpful and gave zero advice. She pretty much said their parking lot was open and that was all I could get out of her.
Check in was also less then stellar. There were three people ahead of us and 3 people behind the counter. Two were waiting on customers and the third was pretty much standing there and I guess trying to help the other two but was only causing more confusion. When we got up to the desk she pulled our paperwork and said one of the other two will be right with us. In the space of two minutes she lost our paperwork somewhere on the front desk! The gentleman who was actually checking us in said he could redo the paperwork but in the meantime the woman who lost the paperwork found it. We were given our cards and sent away. No info on the hotel, elevators or IHG welcome. The paper that had our key cards had our room number and it was so messy we could barely read it. I got to the room and said a prayer before trying the door!
The room was very nice. It was large and well appointed. Location of the hotel was perfect for downtown. Room was clean and the bed was comfy.
We didn't do breakfast as we had to leave early. (Of course nobody offered breakfast or told us where it was!

Room Tip: Get a nice king room.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2018

I picked this hotel based on location as we were driving through and wanted to be able to walk to some local breweries. The room was incredibly small, no place in the bathroom to put your toiletries, if you were a larger person you would have a hard time getting past the bed due to the large furniture. The fridge was hard to get to since the cabinet door opened to one side and the fridge door opened to the other and this was right up against the bed. I would have been fine with this since we were just staying one night but the outside noise was unbearable! I could hear road traffic, sirens, people outside talking.. we were on the 6th floor. The reason I gave 1 star instead of 2 was when I checked out the front desk person told me I should have asked for a room along the river. I shouldn't have to ask for a quiet room! Avoid this hotel if you want to sleep (or I guess, ask for a quiet room!) Almost forgot about the breakfast that was included.. they microwave their bacon, nothing else you need to know about that.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2018

We had a wonderful experience at this hotel. It is in a good location for walking to many various restaurants and the king suite was fabulous. It's a very clean, up to date hotel. Front desk staff is hit and miss...one guy was not helpful at all and it seemed we were just interrupting him but another young man could not have been nicer or more helpful. I wish I could remember his name, but I'm sure the manager knows who I'm referring to.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2018

Spent an enjoyable long weekend in the downtown Holiday Inn. The room was quiet and featured a river view. I left my car in the free parking and walked to restaurants and bars in rejuvenated Binghamton. Service was helpful and friendly. Great place to stay in Binghamton.

Room Tip: Ask for river view and a quiet floor
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo