“Should be noted that this is a Jean-Georges restaurant”
Review of Topping Rose House

Topping Rose House
Reserve with OpenTable
Topping Rose House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$16 - US$42
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are excited to announce that Chef Jean- Georges Vongerichten began consulting for the Topping Rose House Restaurant. Jean- Georges celebrates the seasons, presenting a farm- to- table cuisine, using ingredients grown on our property's one acre farm and sourced from the local reputable fisherman and farmers.
Reviewed August 23, 2017

Lunched here on our drive from Montauk to South Hampton. Nice simple setting on the terrace in the trendy Topping Rose House hotel. Quiet on a weekday, quite friendly service. Good cocktails and menu, highly recommend it.

Reviewed August 8, 2017

I enjoyed the setting but it was empty my food was good but nothing special I love the decor...nothing else to say

Reviewed August 7, 2017

My son and I had dinner on a recent weekend visit to the Hamptons. I hate dining in the Hamptons because everything is over priced and underwhelming. But I am a fan of Jean Georges cooking so I booked and hoped for the best. Our dinner was wonderful. The only surprise was the bill. It was reasonable for the quality of the food and service. We will definitely return.

Reviewed July 24, 2017

Between 3 of us we ordered 6 dishes and 2 deserts. Lunch time. The dining room was 1/3 full. Which was surprising, given all the hype in advertisement.Each one of 6 dishes was professionally executed. Like spotless corporate office somewhere in the nameless megapolis. Nothing referred us to Hamptons and summer and sincerity of easy sand and ocean. All was predictable. Like deconstructed salad Nicoise. ( popular 15 years ago)with no lettuce at all,but 3 large boiled potatoes. Bland chilled soup. Quite primitive tacos with unnamed fish. The bread was great, though...... ( overall - we left with the feeling of being stupid for falling for the victims of big chef's name.). I hope that this place will evolve, and won't become one of the Manhattan's nameless corporate joints, that serves soulless food in perfectly designed spaces.

1  Thank glamontheroad
Reviewed May 25, 2017 via mobile

The food was good but not spectacular. The service was annoyingly interruptive. I wouldn't mind the high prices if the food or service lived up to costs. They absolutely did not. Jean Georges needs to pay some attention to the flaws here. Until he or his organization does, we won't be back.

(BTW, we had been here when it was a Colicchio place, and we loved it. )