All reviews small room safe place express train comfortable bed within walking distance yankees game subway station yankee stadium new york elevator noise fridge neighborhood nyc
Reviewed May 7, 2018 via mobile

Besides being in a location that’s not too pretty to walk to (think complete cement jungle admist a maze of overpasses), this hotel fulfilled my expectations. It was less than half the cost of other hotels I looked at, so I thought I’d give it a try.

It was clean, with small rooms, comfortable bed, coffee maker/fridge, nice front desk staff.

I gave it an “excellent” rating when comparing it to other 2-Star hotels, not by comparing it to a full-service Hilton in midtown Manhattan.

If you’re looking for an affordable, clean, safe place to lay your body and rest your mind in The Bronx, this is it.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

I read some recent reviews of this hotel and I still decided to stay here. I am a big fan of HIEs and this one did not disappoint. It was super clean, and everything was in place. I requested early check in and was able to check in 3 hours early! With a short 15 min walk to the stadium, it was def close enough. I would stay here again for sure.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank zacharys422
Reviewed April 21, 2018

My son had car trouble, had to get towed. Google searched pet friendly hotel. This hotel was in the top 3 and had availability. He went there, Mind you it was now after 2 am. He was exhausted. Went to check in and the lady at the desk said "they were not pet friendly". He showed her on his phone that they were, she said, "yea, we know it says that but my manager will kill me if I check in someone with a pet". He offered to pay the "i snuck in a pet fee" Like i said he was exhausted. She still said no. He called me, I tried to get him smuggle the cat in, he wouldn't do it because it would be wrong. Ended up at a pay by the hour sketchy Howard Johnson.

Room Tip: Not pet friendly, terrible service, Manager. Not helpful !
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank saramcquigg2018
Holiday Inn E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Bronx NYC - Stadium Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2018

I am sorry for your sons experience and confusion. When searing in google for things that must meet all requirements you must use quotations if not google will scan for each individual word to find matches. Our hotel has the works not pet-friendly on it on every single website in which a reservation can be made and that goes into detail about our policies. Is you search just “pet friendly hotels Bronx” including the quotations you’ll find the hotels shown are way less than if you do just pet friendly hotels Bronx. I hope this is useful and I’m glad to hear he was asleast able to find shelter for the night

Reviewed March 27, 2018

By far the worst hotel I have ever been to. Horrible experience! The GM Francisco is rude, unprofessional and possibly racist. Staff is clueless and not helpful at all, and rooms weren't cleaned properly and no hot water majority of the stay. The GM by far was the main component that made this hotel a disaster. This hotel is a bad look for IHG and should really consider closing this property or re-staffing.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Bronx NYC - Stadium Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2018

Hi Juwon O,

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your experience at our hotel and for staying with us. I am sorry we were not able to meet your expectations particularly with the room tidiness, hot water and level of customer service. I understand that service and hot water preparation are important and how well this is managed should be taken into account.

I am sorry for the poor experience. I hope you would allow us another chance to regain your trust in us. In line with this, I have sent you a private message to ask more information about your stay.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best,

Zel N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed March 1, 2018

Brand new building with a great view of Harlem. Awesome location. However, the management in this place "sucks." Staff was very unwelcoming and grumpy. Horrible breakfast and overall bad service. I received no wash cloths during my stay, and my water pressure turned into a drip.

My last night, while winding down getting ready to shower, a guy unexpectedly knocks dressed in a hoodie; he announced he was from the front desk. He said someone had posted a photo of a dog online. He said he would be going room to room looking for the dog and the person who posted it. It ruined my night because I knew the guy was BSing me and wasting my time. Later, this guy was found to be Francisco Valentino, the GM of the property. What GM walks in and out of guest rooms looking for a dog at 8pm? Maybe the person posted a picture of their service dog. It was very unnecessary.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Holiday Inn E, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Bronx NYC - Stadium Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2018

Hello carlarrin,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us and sharing your experience! I sincerely regret hearing management and staff service issues were a letdown during your stay. What you described is certainly not what we want for any of our guests. I reviewed your comments with our ownership and Manager so we can provide the appropriate training and possible enhancement of the service.
We appreciate you as our IHG Rewards Club member. I hope we have the opportunity to show you an experience that aligns with the many 5-star reviews we receive every week.