“An amazing small town diner”
Review of The Toast

The Toast
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Canastota
Reviewed 7 July 2017

I have been to The Toast twice now. It's a fairly small establishment, so when my family group of 17 came in for breakfast recently, I didn't know how they would handle it and indeed, if they would even be happy to see a group of that size. The staff was absolutely amazing! They brought extra menus and place settings to accommodate all of us and when we gave our orders, they were courteous and efficient. Each order came out in rapid fashion, especially considering the size of our group. The menu is quite varied so there's something for everyone. The food was all very well presented and was delicious. I just can't say enough about The Toast. I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 15 June 2017

We stopped for lunch between the Finger Lakes & Cooperstown in the totally unfamiliar town of Canastota. (Didn't know about the Boxing Hall of Fame.) Driving down the main part of town we caught sight of this little gem and somehow knew this was what we were looking for. The decor was quaint and small-town Americana and the menu was varied and original. My wife & I both had something called Sugar Grove which consists of sausage patties (2 I believe), thinly sliced Granny Smith apple & goat cheese with what I believe was a hint of maple syrup and served on a homemade flaky croissant. Tasty & just filling enough. They also offer a variety of breakfast items and sandwiches, along with some baked items such as cinnamon buns (which were terribly difficult to resist but we did!). The service was friendly and amiable like one would expect from a local establishment in a small town. Thoroughly enjoyable.

Reviewed 22 April 2017

B'fast for 3 was $32, pricey. I just had croissant sandwich, daughter had scramble egg, one piece of sausage and toast, wife had French Toast. We each had a lemonade. That was it, small portions. The food quality was good, actually very good, but again expensive. Wife got 3 small pasties and a slice of cake to go, another $17. Fifty bucks! The 3 of have gone to dinner, had dessert and spend that much, for larger portions and home-cooked meal. Don't like they way you order, waiting in line, then go sit down. Causes a huge delay if crowded. Gave 3 star based on food and price, food was 5 star, price and convenience 2 star.

Reviewed 8 April 2017

I read a review of this place and decieded we had to try it. We rarely go into 'downtown" Canastota but definitely will now. The place has been open for about 2 years. You order your food at the counter and it is brought to you. It is only open for breakfast and lunch and closed on Tuesdays. We both ordered breakfast and some extra treats to go--a cannoli cronut and a iced cinnamon bun. I have to say all of the variety of baked goods that were available that day looked fabulous and ours tasted GREAT! We both ordered wheat toast with our breakfast meals--wow--homemade wheat toast....I could have eaten several slices. Our food was served promptly and it was hit and very good. I liked my eggs over medium and they were perfect. Definitely a place to enjoy some good food over and over again!!! Glad we found this place!

Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

I visited this little pastry shop in Canastota, Ny called "The Toast". A Co workers of mine said it was really awesome place. So I tried this cordount pictured below OmG this was amazing it was like a croissants with this yummy sugary butter cream frosting. I feel in love the price was $2.50 it was the best 2.50 I have ever spent.