“Awesome first time bed and breakfast experience!”
Review of The Lodge B&B

The Lodge B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Caneadea
The Lodge B&B
Ranked #2 of 3 Caneadea B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 October 2015

Wife and I stayed four nights in the Tamarack room. We had a need to travel from the gulf coast to the area of the lodge. It was a perfect place we loved the cabin and lodge setting. Joe and Nancy have a great place and are terrific hosts.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 September 2015

We stayed here for just one night, but it was great. A nice common room to relax. We had home baked cookies when we arrived. A very spacious room and adjoining bathroom. The food in the morning was great. It was cooked right in front of you. We stayed here after visiting Letchworth. It is perfect for that.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2015

I recently stayed at the Lodge while attending a horse show at Houghton College. Joe & Nancy were accomodating of the somewhat odd schedule of horse shows and served amazing breakfasts at the time that worked best for our day. Having the Lodge as our "home base" for the show made for a truly luxurious and relaxing weekend. The Lodge was clean, comfortable, and inviting. Joe & Nancy were wonderful hosts and a pleasure to talk to. I will definitely be booking a stay again with them the next time I am in the area!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 September 2014

My wife wanted to take me someplace nice for my birthday near Letchworth State Park. There is a place in the park but they fill up very quickly. In hind sight I am very happy we found the Lodge instead. Nothing against the other place, I just prefer the quieter more enjoyable setting of the Lodge. The other reviews are spot on. I used Trip Advisor to choose the Lodge and was not disappointed. We stayed in the Tamarack room. Very Large comfortable, Private bath with large jetted tub big enough for me and I am a big guy. Several common rooms, one which my wife and I used to relax in and enjoy a movie and some fresh baked cookies. “nice touch”
Joe and Nancy obviously take pride in their Lodge and truly care about your stay. Joe takes great pride in his breakfast presentation and trust me and the other reviews go for the coconut bread. I also loved that we were given the choice of time for breakfast. If you are avid B&B people you know that is not always the case.
Where to stay? I don’t think it is an issue from what we saw. The White Pine room is upstairs so you have no stairs and although the bathroom is not connected it is still your own private bath and the other guest are down stairs.
Hemlock probably offers the most Privacy as the White Pine is directly above the Tamarack but we had guest above us and we had no sound issues.
The Lodge is a very easy drive to Letchworth and would be my choice for our next stay. Thanks Joe and Nancy for helping me have a nice Birthday
PS nice gift shop as well. My sister will be pleased at Christmas we stayed here

Room Tip: White Pine does not require Stairs but although you have a private bath it is across a common hallwa...
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sedonahiker
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I attend horse shows at Houghton college at least once a year and travel from a few hours away. I found this charming, clean very well appointed B &B on trip advisor when my usual place was full. WELL, I'll be back! It is a beautiful log cabin with 3 guest rooms, small gift shop, lovely atmospheric Great room. There is a refrigerator stocked with beverages and yogurt, a key ring machine with coffees, teas, hot chocolate and cookies and coffee cake of the day! My room, the White pine room has a queen bed, air conditioner, flat screen TV, extra blankets, desk dresser, spacious closet. It's a cozy vacation like dream of a place to stay. Highly recommend, and I'll be back!

Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank canter2u
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I loved The Lodge from my first impression last year. It's a tidy log cabin, tucked back into the forest with green Algonquin chairs set out on the front and side porches. Rustic and tastefully decorated with quilts, wood furniture and hunting lodge touches, The Lodge features windows with gorgeous vistas of lush greenery and the Genesee River. If you're looking for a peaceful setting, here's a place where you can sit on the porch in the morning to read and listen to the birds. One evening we had pizza and wine on the porch, watching the sunset and the fireflies flickering in the field below.

Innkeepers Joe and Nancy have thought of every comfort to make your stay enjoyable--from aromatic bath salts to a wide array of magazines and tons of books available on every subject. There's even a little gift shop featuring local crafts, a downstairs common sitting/games room, large upstairs living area/breakfast nook/kitchen, which is where the magic happens.

Joe is a Culinary Arts Teacher, so the food is delicious and made fresh just for you, in Joe's "kitchen theatre"--it's a unique set-up where you sit and chat while your food is prepared before your eyes. Nancy is no slouch in the kitchen either--I love her toasted coconut bread, French toast and the freshly-baked cookies she sets out every day. In addition to the cookies, guests can help themselves to cold drinks in a mini-fridge in the common room, a water cooler, and Keurig pods (coffee, decaf, tea, hot chocolate).

During the slower, cooler months, dinners are offered to guests. An extensive menu is sent in advance and for a very reasonable price, you book your tasty, home-cooked, multi-course meal, all for a fraction of a restaurant price. If you're a "foodie", you will be in heaven!

I've stayed in all three rooms over the past year. The Tamarack Room is the nicest, with slightly larger room size, double sinks and separate vanity lights, jets in the deep tub, gas fireplace, desk, chair. There is no air conditioning but the two larger suites on the lower level are naturally cool (there is also a large fan in the closet of the Tamarack Room). I stayed in the White Pine Room on some very hot days last summer and found it warm because it's upstairs and sunny, but there was a window fan so once it started to cool down in the evening, the room temperature levelled off. The bathroom for this room is across the hall but the place is small and quiet so it's not inconvenient.

Joe and Nancy are a fun, interesting, hospitable and entertaining couple. Their tagline is, "Come as a guest, leave as a friend," and we found this is exactly what happened. So much so, in fact, that we chose to get married at The Lodge this summer. Joe, also the Town Justice, married us and Nancy was our witness. We exchanged our vows on the side porch, and went for a boat ride on nearby Rushford Lake following our informal and brief ceremony. As simple as our ceremony was, Joe spent two days crafting our vows as a surprise, and they stained the porch and planted flowers, in case we decided to get married outdoors. Because of such thoughtful and generous touches, The Lodge is no longer just an accommodation for us . . . it's become a destination that we can't wait to get back to.

Room Tip: The Tamarack Room is the largest and has special touches like a gas fireplace and his-and-hers vanit...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Helga_Little_Horn
Reviewed 17 March 2013

We have had a wonderful time in the Lodge B&B. Joe and Nancy are wonderful hosts and we enjoyed our stay in every way. The breakfast and the cookies (every day fresh ones and every day another taste) have been glorious and we have had good talks with the hosts. We can recommend that wonderful clean and romantic place.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angelika684
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caneadea
19.6 km away
31.9 km away
Chaffee Lodge
Chaffee Lodge
#1 of 1 in Chaffee

Been to The Lodge B&B? Share your experiences!