“Do the job right”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Central Valley
Reviewed 24 October 2011

The place is not a luxury hotel, but does give good value for money. I slept there for one night on October 2011 with my family after a day in the nearby shopping center. The price was $70. There was nothing wrong with the room - the cable TV was working well, we had microwave and minibar, the bath and toilet were clean (yet not new) with fan and hot water and the bed was comfortable.

At the bottom line, we all (4 persons in 2 rooms) slept well for honest price. Exactly what a motel should be.

Room Tip: Come early, before you go shopping.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank LY315
Abvicentralvalley, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time from your busy work. it is good to know & share a review about our hotel. We have recently renovated our motel and have trained the housekeepers.

There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn

Reviewed 21 October 2011

The front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. He even showed me some of the rooms available to choose. That's where the good experience ends.

The floor is actually collapsing along one wall. There is a large stain on the rug. Lighting is dim and a few bulbs are out. Lampshades are dirty and stained. TV is an outdated 27in tube TV with bad reception. The bathroom is the most modern part of the room but has a badly corroded shower head. Beds are like bricks. There are two obnoxious flies in the room as well.

Pluses? Free wi-fi and 15% off at the diner down the road.

Room was 1/2 the price of other hotels nearby and now I know why. Not a place I would recommend :(

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank NyTravelinMan14
Reviewed 19 October 2011

Poorly maintained ! Towels are yellowish ! Bed bugs ! Carpet probably never been vacuum before ! Breakfast is terrible - very limited selection - inn keeper only interested in topping up coffee only...this place probably the worst i ever set foot in....

Room Tip: Please avoid this place....
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Busker888
Abvicentralvalley, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2011

Dear Busker

Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay at our Motel. I appreciate you taking the time to advice us. We are limited service Motel
so for break fast we do provide Cereal like honey toasted oats , corn flakes and some other which is very good for health, also we do provide Toast, juice coffee, tea, cakes. We train our housekeeping persons and make sure they provide good service to our all customers.

General Manager.

Reviewed 5 October 2011

After reading the reviews on this page, I was a little paranoid. Thankfully, it's not as bad. The room has a overpowering strange and stale smell, which we overcame by spraying everywhere with air freshener. The place is not very clean but bearable for a night's stay after shopping at Woodbury. However, it is rather dark at night and so I would not recommend walking back here from the outlets. I would not say that it is value for money, but I guess, there's not much to expect given the price.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Abvicentralvalley, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2011

Dear Cryolite,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review about our hotel. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with the room cleanliness. We have recently renovated our motel and have trained the housekeepers. We feel that these corrective measures will improve our overall guest experience.

We hope to see you again or at another one of our Americas Best Value Inns located across the Country.

Americas Best Value Inn Central Valley NY

Reviewed 22 August 2011

I stayed here for one night after arriving from JFK to do some shopping the next day at the outlets. I was extremely disappointed just of the smell of the room. It was extremely dirty. I didn't see any evidence of bed bugs but my girlfriend and I got all these little bumps on our arms and our legs. It looked like a sex motel and smelled like it too. I was not happy what so ever. I will never return and do not recommend anyone stay there. No wonder it was so cheap to stay there....

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank matteomontreal
Abvicentralvalley, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2011

Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your say at our hotel.I appreciate you taking the time to advice us of your concern. We will going to change our refresher for the rooms. We are providing quality accommodations at affordable prices with free breakfast.

Reviewed 21 August 2011

If you are considering staying at this place - please immediately abandon this idea! I intended to spend one night there after spending all day shopping at Woodbury Common Premium Outlets, and my experience was the following: I paid for the room, took the keys, went to the room, immediately went back to the reception desk, returned the keys and drove away. It is an ugly, stinky, dirty , disgusting place where you don't want to spend any minute. Stay away!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank LW23

Dear LW23,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share a review about our motel. Thank you for considering us for your lodging needs. We're sorry we weren't able to provide you with what you were looking for. In 2010, we remodeled all of our guestrooms including new shower curtains, bathroom floor tiling, vanities, hairdryers, windows, painted walkways and building has new stucco. Please let us know how we could better serve you in the future.

Americas Best Value Inn-Central Valley, NY

Reviewed 15 August 2011

This is your average motel...maybe a little cleaner than the average.

We booked this hotel at the last minute for shopping at Woodbury Commons Outlets. Its definitely the closest motel to it - about 5 minutes by foot or 1 minute by car. Its practically across the street from the outlets.

You get free breakfast: Bagels, butter, cream cheese, muffins (in a package), coffee, tea orange juice......nothing special but its a nice touch and saved us from going out for breakfast.

We paid $100 on a Saturday night. I thought it was a bit much as I've heard prices usually range around $70 but the guy said it was a big weekend. It was later at night so I didnt want to drive around looking for another hotel so we took it.

The room was decent for a motel. The bathroom towels were very thin and discolored but besides that, the bathroom itself wasnt so bad. The room was in good condition, the bed was somewhat in good shape....it wasn't so bad.

I would recommend this place solely because of its location to the outlets and the fact that it has free breakfast but I would do more research next time to find a hotel and not a motel.

All rooms come with a microwave and fridge

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Traveller_mom2

Dear Traveller Mom 2,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review about our motel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms and convenient location to Woodbury Common Outlet. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Americas Best Value Inn Central Valley, NY

16.8 km away
Inn on the Hudson
Inn on the Hudson
#2 of 2 in Peekskill

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!