“Reccomended only if you are going shopping”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Central Valley
Reviewed 6 December 2011

We have stayed for one night at that hotel. I hope I won´t have to stay there again. I cannot say it was a horrible experience but it wasn´t the best I have had. The hotel s biggest problem is cleanliness. It seems they need to buy a vacuum cleaner before the rooms are swollen by dust. They say they offer a breakfast but there is no breakfast room. It is a small table placed on reception and you have to stand up to eat. If you are going shopping at Woodbury Outlet then it can be a good choice as you can even go walking there!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ACROSANNA
Abvicentralvalley, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2011

Dec 7th 2011

Americas Best Value Inn
139 Route 32
Central Valley, NY 10917

Dear Acrosanna

We credit our success in the lodging industry to providing good service and quality accommodations at affordable prices. We appreciate your willingness to take the time to let us know where improvement is needed so that we may continue to maintain our high standards.
We did not find your name in our guest folio. If we knew your date of stay with register guest name we can address to our housekeeping dept.

Sincerely

Dilip Patel.

There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn

Reviewed 9 November 2011

Lobby smelled, could only hold 2 tiny tables, advertised continental breakfast was cheerios or cornflakes and stale white bread. Service was terrible. Website says you could get a rollaway bed for 10/night but front desk refused saying not tonight with no explanation whatsover. Rooms are dingy, towels threadbare. Only plus is its proximity to Woodbury Commons.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank rheep
Abvicentralvalley, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2011

I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with our lobby and break fast.
we do provide Cereal like honey toasted oats , corn flakes and some other which is very good for health, also we do provide Toast, juice coffee, tea, cakes. We do have toaster in break fast area so our customer can use it as per there need. We train our housekeeping persons and make sure they provide good service to our all customers.

General Manager.

Reviewed 24 October 2011

The place is not a luxury hotel, but does give good value for money. I slept there for one night on October 2011 with my family after a day in the nearby shopping center. The price was $70. There was nothing wrong with the room - the cable TV was working well, we had microwave and minibar, the bath and toilet were clean (yet not new) with fan and hot water and the bed was comfortable.

At the bottom line, we all (4 persons in 2 rooms) slept well for honest price. Exactly what a motel should be.

Room Tip: Come early, before you go shopping.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank LY315

Thank you for taking the time from your busy work. it is good to know & share a review about our hotel. We have recently renovated our motel and have trained the housekeepers.

Reviewed 21 October 2011

The front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. He even showed me some of the rooms available to choose. That's where the good experience ends.

The floor is actually collapsing along one wall. There is a large stain on the rug. Lighting is dim and a few bulbs are out. Lampshades are dirty and stained. TV is an outdated 27in tube TV with bad reception. The bathroom is the most modern part of the room but has a badly corroded shower head. Beds are like bricks. There are two obnoxious flies in the room as well.

Pluses? Free wi-fi and 15% off at the diner down the road.

Room was 1/2 the price of other hotels nearby and now I know why. Not a place I would recommend :(

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank NyTravelinMan14
Reviewed 19 October 2011

Poorly maintained ! Towels are yellowish ! Bed bugs ! Carpet probably never been vacuum before ! Breakfast is terrible - very limited selection - inn keeper only interested in topping up coffee only...this place probably the worst i ever set foot in....

Room Tip: Please avoid this place....
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Busker888
Abvicentralvalley, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2011

Dear Busker

Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay at our Motel. I appreciate you taking the time to advice us. We are limited service Motel
so for break fast we do provide Cereal like honey toasted oats , corn flakes and some other which is very good for health, also we do provide Toast, juice coffee, tea, cakes. We train our housekeeping persons and make sure they provide good service to our all customers.

General Manager.

Reviewed 5 October 2011

After reading the reviews on this page, I was a little paranoid. Thankfully, it's not as bad. The room has a overpowering strange and stale smell, which we overcame by spraying everywhere with air freshener. The place is not very clean but bearable for a night's stay after shopping at Woodbury. However, it is rather dark at night and so I would not recommend walking back here from the outlets. I would not say that it is value for money, but I guess, there's not much to expect given the price.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Abvicentralvalley, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2011

Dear Cryolite,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review about our hotel. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with the room cleanliness. We have recently renovated our motel and have trained the housekeepers. We feel that these corrective measures will improve our overall guest experience.

We hope to see you again or at another one of our Americas Best Value Inns located across the Country.

Dilip-Manager
Americas Best Value Inn Central Valley NY

Reviewed 22 August 2011

I stayed here for one night after arriving from JFK to do some shopping the next day at the outlets. I was extremely disappointed just of the smell of the room. It was extremely dirty. I didn't see any evidence of bed bugs but my girlfriend and I got all these little bumps on our arms and our legs. It looked like a sex motel and smelled like it too. I was not happy what so ever. I will never return and do not recommend anyone stay there. No wonder it was so cheap to stay there....

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank matteomontreal
Abvicentralvalley, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2011

Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your say at our hotel.I appreciate you taking the time to advice us of your concern. We will going to change our refresher for the rooms. We are providing quality accommodations at affordable prices with free breakfast.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Central Valley
16.8 km away
Inn on the Hudson
Inn on the Hudson
#2 of 2 in Peekskill

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!