“A perfect place!”
Review of Le Jardin du Roi

Le Jardin du Roi
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Jardin du Roi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 23 Restaurants in Chappaqua
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 5, 2016 via mobile

This gem has something for everyone. The atmosphere inside was well appointed and provided quiet space for good conversation. The outside was spacious and far enough from the road to be quaint. Our group has everything from escargot, burgers and great dinner plates. Two of us had the salmon with carrots and creamed cauliflower. It was really great and the wait staff were very accommodating. Upon leaving we were all wished a good evening.

Reviewed April 20, 2016

I enjoyed a quiet lunch in the sun. I had a cappuccino which was terrific. For lunch I had the Salad with Mozzarella, Tomatoes, and Prosciutto. It was not too large and exactly what I was looking for. The food was fresh. The staff was also extremely friendly and attentive. I would definitely return whether it be for another quiet meal alone or with couples in the evening. The outside patio is lovely because it's away from the busy roads and you are able to enjoy the peaceful atmosphere. This is a great dining experience and worth every penny!

Reviewed January 13, 2016

It doesn't get better than LJR. This is the perfect place for a crock of homemade onion soup, a great salad and a perfect burger. The bar ain't too shabby either. On a cold night in the winter or on a warm night in the summer - outside dining - it doesn't get better than L JR.

Reviewed December 21, 2015

Very good food and atmosphere. The owners are great. Look for BBQ specials as they slow cook their own (for in the restaurant and catering.

Good for brunch, lunch and dinner

Reviewed December 11, 2015 via mobile

So, we went on a Tuesday night. Much to our pleasant surprise, it was half price bottles of wine. That was awesome. They have a whole menu section for how they prepare mussels. That made my wife very happy. The service was good as I had a fun banter with our waiter. I had the escargot appetizer. It was good, but not special. My wife had the mussels in one of the sauces and she said the sauce was very tasty. I had the hanger steak that was smothered with sauce. Not what I expected. It was tasty, but had too much sauce. We ordered the bread pudding for dessert. That wasn't great and we actually sent it back. The coffee was good. Overall, it was good, but not great. We'll be back to try again hoping it's a little better next time.