“Pricey but worth it”
Review of La Familia

La Familia
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Chautauqua
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Generous portion s good service. Would love to go back sometime. Very good burger, off season but still focused and perfect

1  Thank Conquesthistory

Reviewed September 8, 2018

We had a wonderful wedding catered by La Familia (Chef Burke and Alisha). They were the sweetest and easiest to work with and gave us great prices for AMAZING food and drinks! We decided on a station style buffet and guests raved about the pasta bar. Wouldn't have changed a thing. Thank you guys!

1  Thank jessicayoung14
Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

This was my first dining experience at Chautauqua Institute and it was an outstanding evening in every way. The wait staff was very professional and made us each feel important. The chef even came out and performed a beautiful solo. Since we had a pre-dinner feast of smoked shrimp, our party each dined on a couple appetizers: crab cakes with a tasty side sauce and an ample chop salad. Everyone raves at the quality.

1  Thank David L
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Food was awesome, service was great and the chef even came out and sang a song for the patrons. Fun.

1  Thank Dirtguy1
Reviewed August 24, 2018

The dark, flat decor (or lack thereof) that greeted us was totally uninspiring.
Yet high hopes remained that a delicious dinner would justify those prices listed on the menu. Alas, this was not to be.
A stingy portion of rolls was the only accompaniment to our respective entrees.
My friend didn't dislike her chicken (I no longer recall which selection) but was far from enthusiastic.
The presentation of my grilled portabello stack with red peppers and vegan mozerella atop tomato sauce looked promising and eye catching. But presentation is where the artistry ended. The dish revealed itself to be dry and devoid of much flavor other than what the tomato puree had to offer. I requested a bit more tomato coulis in the hopes of still enjoying a flavorful dinner. The tiny, tiny portion that was ultimately brought to me (a spoonful or two) did nothing to rescue my very boring, bland and disappointing meal.
To give credit where credit is due, the house Pinot Grigio and my peanut butter creme brule (I believe this is what it was) were tasty.
The staff ranging from hostess, waitress and young man who filled our water glasses were helpful and friendly.
Will I return? Unlikely