“My favorite sushi joint”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sakura Sushi Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 143 Restaurants in Cheektowaga
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed January 18, 2017

I have been a sushi eater for over a decade and have yet to find a place that beats this sushi. I have tried several places in the Western New York and Chicago area without ever being as pleased as here. The staff has always been friendly. The food is incredible. The restaurant is clean and cozy. I don't know how this place isn't packed all the time. Personally, I do not enjoy a lot of rolls with cream cheese that have been popping up everywhere and Sakura has a wide selection without any. This place offers many classic options prepared to perfection. I would eat here every week if I could.

Reviewed September 14, 2016 via mobile

I brought my buddy here for his bachelor party along with two other groomsmen. The waitress who served us was extremely nice, prompt and VERY funny. The sushi was awesome (I would recommend Sakura #2). Would go back!

Reviewed August 15, 2016

We've been coming back here for the past 5 years. Every time has been excellent and this visit was no different. The rolls were great and the meal was a winner, again.

Reviewed February 27, 2016

I remember when this place opened around 2007, it was so good. Today I went, sat at the sushi bar, got a shasimi combo, they gave me sushi...okay, not a big deal. But the menu online says it comes with a salad (and for 12.95 it should). Both of the servers were great...they were college students and asked me what I taught at college, and cringed when I told them math...they thought I was in linquistics because I could speak many languages.

The sushi was 'okay' it was a bit warm for me, the pieces were of decent size, but nothing special. I really did enjoy visiting their beautiful place, just wish things would have been as good as they were when they opened.

Reviewed January 9, 2016

Wonderful service and delicious food! This is my favorite place to go for sushi. I love the flaming tuna appetizer and the dancing spider roll. The staff is very friendly as well.