“Great family restaurant”

Ranked #77 of 132 Restaurants in Cheektowaga
Dining options: Buffet
Dining options: Buffet
Reviewed 9 September 2015

Zhangs Buffet is a nice, family friendly restaurant. We were just there with our daughter and grandchildren and usually visit about once per month. They have a big selection of Chinese food as well as some American food, sushi and Mongolian stations. It seems like there is always something for everyone, even the kids. The food is always hot and the servers are prompt to clear your plates if you go back to the buffet. Desserts are limited and not the best but, soft serve ice cream is also available.

Reviewed 30 April 2015 via mobile

Good value for the price. Decent selection. Food is warm and kept fresh. No complaints. Visited on a Wednesday. I always return when I am in the area and want some variety.

Reviewed 28 March 2015

This used to be a great place to go, but the past several visits have shown a decrease in quality and cleanliness. We love sushi, but the sushi being served no longer appears or tastes fresh- even when going at 11:30am when you would expect it would be freshest - the start of the day. We watched waitresses remove used items from a table and then seat people at the same table without even cleaning it. Also, if you have to use the rest room, hopefully you will be able to hold your breath for the duration as it smells like a raw sewage leak in there. We thought it was an isolated incident, but when returning the following month, the smell continued.

1  Thank Maria M
Reviewed 6 March 2015

Like every buffet I've been to, the food sits out and it can get stale. This is their problem.

They tend to leave out their trays too long and the food gets cold and gets stale.

But when they pull out fresh batches out of whatever items, boy oh boy they are good. I can't deny that their fresh food is great, especially for the price of it. But sometimes at the bad timing, the food is left out and the food is cold and stale. That's really the only issue I have with their food.

The service however has never been great, I love tipping waiters/waitresses, but I don't feel as though they really deserve it. They drink you refills but never ask how the food is, or really ever acknowledge your presence. I still tip a little, but I feel as though they don;t deserve it majority of the time.

It's a toss up Chinese Buffet place but, it's borderline 2/3 stars.

Reviewed 8 February 2015

I went here twice for lunch while on a business trip in Buffalo, NY. There is a great selection of food including sushi, and all of the food is hot and fresh. The meal was reasonably priced. If I am ever in town I will definitely visit again.

1  Thank Mbergevin