2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$159
View deal
Expedia.comUS$159
Hotels.comUS$159
PricelineUS$159
Agoda.comUS$159
TravelocityUS$159
FindHotelUS$159
All reviews steam shower wood burning fireplace common room lake george field stone river rock romantic getaway outdoor sauna stone room the entire staff gore mountain adirondack decor great weekend comfortable room king bed adirondacks accommodations
Selected filters
Reviewed October 29, 2019

My daughter was just married here, Oct. ‘19; the grounds are a beautiful setting for a wedding. The staff was extremely friendly and attentive, they made sure all of the details were taken care of, they even handled a last minute request. The food and drinks were excellent!! The rooms were very cozy, the Inn is kept very tidy and clean, a quite peaceful setting. I would highly recommend for a quiet romantic get away or a small wedding.

Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed September 10, 2019

It is not a five star but the freindly staff make you feel very welcome. The site is wonderfull and the view was magnificient.
The food was sooo good. All in all our romantic getaway was a great success thanks to the Friends Lake inn...this will be a repeat destination for the wife and I for sure.
We strongly recommend it.
Cheers to the owner and his wife and congrats on your little baby!

Reviewed September 9, 2019

My husband and I just returned from our honeymoon at Friends Lake Inn. In all the years that we have traveled, we have never stayed at a more beautiful place, filled with joy and happiness as well as lots of love.
We stayed in the Great Room. The name says it all! When the Inn was built 100 years ago, it was constructed with logs, which are still showing in the ceiling, holding everything together. It was amazing!!! The bed was so comfortable that I actually slept. That is so unusual for me to be able to sleep at a hotel or an inn! The frame was made out of logs, which was just beautiful. I have never seen anything like it. I wish I could have one in my home! A Keurig was in the room, as well as a small refrigerator, which we were able to keep our drinks cold.
The bathroom had a jacuzzi tub as well as a double steam shower. Just perfect for a honeymoon couple!
Mary, the housekeeper, was absolutely amazing. not only did she help us with our luggage, but she continued to check on us just in case we might need something. How wonderful to have somebody to care enough to do that. I have never experience that while traveling...
We received breakfast in bed each morning. It was absolutely delicious. The menu had just enough choices. The first day I had the Italian frittata and my husband had poached eggs on corned beef hash, which was freshly made. So very delicious!
We made reservations for the dining room each evening we were there. The chef prepared the most delicious food. There was something for everybody. Very high-end and classy, just like we had hoped. My husband ordered the pork chop the first night and I ordered the pasta with fresh squash. We shared the two dishes which were delicious! Our waitress, Christina was excellent!
The new owner takes pride in everything he does, and it shows. From the grounds, to the rooms, to the world-class dining, to the wonderful staff.
We highly recommend everybody who is searching for a wonderful place to enjoy a special occasion or just to relax and enjoy peace and quiet and beauty - THIS IS THE PLACE!!! We plan to come back for our first anniversary!!!

1  Thank 29not62
Reviewed September 7, 2019

For many years I have wanted to stay at the Inn. Once saw some advertisements that were of Friends Lake, a dock, wine glasses, a gazebo and firepit. Hmm...The lake access is very small, the dock has been taken out for the season, no gazebo or firepit..
The grounds of the Inn itself are quite lovely. There is a fireplace off the Bistro/Bar area, no one used it the two nights we were there.
The new owners are lovely, and seem to be working hard to make some improvements. The food was good, and all of the staff were friendly and helpful.
Another downside - our "luxury" room was not really what I was expecting. The bathroom was new, and included a steam shower, which is a nice touch. We had a king size bed, that was rock hard, and also 4 very firm pillows. Someone above us on the 3rd floor was making quite a lot of noise - moving furniture around?? Not sure. The included breakfast we did not have. The breakfast was served 8:30am- 10:00am. No coffee, except the Keurig in the room for earlier than 8:30. We had plans to be gone all day our first day and left before breakfast would be served, and the second day we left for home before 8:30. It seems kind of late to me, not to have a coffee pot and some mufffins or something available earlier.

2  Thank Denise B
Reviewed September 7, 2019 via mobile

Came for an Anniversary and stayed in LedgeStone and it didn’t disappoint! Room was great, staff was very friendly and the food was delicious. Wine Cellar is fantastic and it was perfectly quiet for us. Hiking trails so close and great for leaf peeping!