“Lunch”
Review of CoreLife Eatery

CoreLife Eatery
Ranked #9 of 47 Restaurants in Clarence
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Description: We've created CoreLife Eatery to bring clean, healthy and great tasting foods to everyone every day. We feature hearty bowls that are complete meals in themselves featuring greens, grains and bone broths. All of our ingredients are free of GMO's, trans fats, artificial colors, sweeteners and other artificial additives. Our chicken and steak are sustainably raised, and never ever given antibiotics.
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

My new "fast food" healthy option for lunch. I order ahead on the app which is awesome with my busy work schedule. Love the grain bowls.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

I love this place! I forgot to bring usual salad for lunch today at work so I figured this was the healthiest "fast food" option in Clarence. I arrived around 1 pm and the line was almost out the door. I was skeptical at first, but the line moved so quickly! Don't let the line discourage you... the workers have the food prep down to a science! Also, the line moves quickly because they have menu boards posted along the area where you wait in line so you can make your decision BEFORE getting to the counter.

I had the Ginger Steak & Rice Noodle grain bowl and it was divine. I normally don't like steak from fast food restaurants but this steak was perfectly cooked and not chewy at all. I paired my bowl with the miso sesame ginger dressing as recommended and I'm glad I did!

Apart from the food, I really loved the customer service these employees were putting out. On top of that, the managers were visibly present in the restaurant and were making active attempts to speak with customers AND employees. I work in human resources for a living and it was so refreshing to see the manager go up to his employees and say "Hey, how are you doing" and "Everything good? Great job!" I think you have a great group of people working at this location.

We'll definitely be back (maybe for dinner tonight if I can convince my fiancé, haha!)

*update- I brought my fiancé tonight for dinner and he loved it. He had the Southwest bowl and I had the Thai Chicken. Both fantastic! We also spoke with one of the managers for a bit and he was super friendly.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

CoreLife Eatey, visabily located on the corner of Transit and Maple Road in Clarence, New York, is positioned on the left endcap of shared brick-and-mortar spaces for businesses new to the area; there is convenient shared parking. When we walked into the entryway - right side, we found a stack of menus in newspaper format that provide first-time diners with a roadmap on how to place your CoreLife order. The menu describes the many “bowl” options (green, grain, broth) ingredient options (greens, grains, vegetables,- farm fresh ingredients – and proteins, stocks, dressings, etc..); and size bowl options (small, big - full protein, and big – double protein); the price range from $8.00 to $10.00+; and the calories for each meal. This is also where you find other diners getting in “line” by following the layout of the wall to the right with colorful/informational wall dividers to keep patrons in line that further explain via visuals the CoreLife menu. The décor of CoreLife is very hip and clean – open-ceiling concept (all black), plenty of hanging pendant lights, hanging orange panels, and accessible grey “wood” plank flooring. The efficient layout of the dining space offers different seating options – mobile dark wood tables and molded/wire chairs, booths with bench and chair or full booth seating (upholstered seating is either a very bright green or orange color). Once we arrived at the service counter which is easily 2/3 the length of the back wall; floor up is 2/3 white wallboard and remaining upper portion is 1/3 glass which makes it easy to see the entire production of each order; directly above was the full menu for reference. Immediately, a pleasant CoreLife team member greeted me (dressed in full black, CoreLife apron, using foodservice gloves, women wearing hats, but men without head coverings, and no name tags), answered a few questions (substitutes are permitted within reason for some items, however, I asked for peas and was told it would be an additional $.40) and began to assemble my meal. My big – full protein - Shitake Mushroom and Roasted Tofu broth bowl’s raw components were placed in my bowl, put into a steamer, pulled and topped with vegetable broth (other broth options are available). My companion ordered the big – full protein - Steak, Bacon and Bleu Cheese green bowl with a few substitutions, with combined bleu cheese and balsamic vinegarette dressing. I noticed while waiting for my companion’s meal to be completed that the assembly-line concept used to complete each order had a step-in-time rigidity to keep the line moving while everyone viewed the plentiful, colorful and beautifully presented farm fresh ingredients. Calories for each entrees are noted and all entrees are gluten free, and on the menu there is a space that clearly presents allergy information which exemplifies CoreLife’s allergy policy. Behnind the line I also noticed plenty of high-end commercial equipment, not one fryer or griddle (which are in most restaurants), and only equipment that produces cleanly-prepared foods. When we arrived at the end of the line to pay for our meals, the team member reached for a rather small metal tray, lined it with parchment-type paper, positioned our selections after he garnished my soup (he asked first) with fresh parsley using a spoon (not fingers), and then he put two ½ slices of whole grain bread on each tray. Beverage options were either bottled self-serve cooler beyond the service counter, there was a beverage space for self-service (at least eight fresh squeezed options – ie. fresh raspberry iced tea, fresh lemonade, cold brewed teas, etc…) on the left wall. There was a small, but efficient area where diners could gather metal tableware, napkins, and takeout containers/lids if they were unable to complete their meals. We decided to dine outside infront of CoreLife under the Pergola along with many other diners since the weather was absolutely beautiful (inside the noise level was a bit high due to high ceilings); outside there is also a small sitting area to the right of the pergola with upholstered furniture. The Shitake Mushroom and Roasted Tofu broth bowl was really delicious, however, next time I would select a different broth that would give my bowl more flavor. The Steak, Bacon and Bleu Cheese green bowl also had fresh ingredients, however, multiple pieces of the chopped steak were inedible and difficult to chew. When we finished our meals we noticed a large, lined black garbage can with shelving above where we deposited our garbage, stacked our bowls and trays. Diners that decide to eat indoors use the wall opposite the entryway to deposit their garbage/stack their trays via four large lined black garbage cans and shelving. Using black for this task is clever as black is a color that is not noticeable for this end-of-dining task.The well-maintained, attractive accessible single-gender restrooms are located toward the left back complimented the CoreLife look; employees must wash hands sign was next to mirror over sink. In summary, CoreLife Eatery is an upbeat, accessible, allergy-friendly venue for conscientious diners who are looking really healthy menu options– diners seem to know how to step-in-line, communicate their meal selections with team members who are ready and willing to assemble their meal. We plan on returning to CoreLife Eatery in the future.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Good, clean, healthy eating with so many choices, once you've made your dish selection! I had the Chicken Cobb and my friend had a steak/grain selection. The mediums were plenty for lunch; we ate them up! I'd like to go back and try the Tuna Poke and a broth dish. The line may be long when you walk in, but it goes fast. The only caveat is that it may be too fast/confusing for very young/ elderly people, unless someone assists them.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Finally a fast food place with many options for healthy and clean eating. Made to order right in front of you. The service was superb, food fresh, delicious, healthy and reasonable. Can not wait to try it again.