“Plan to stay a WHOLE DAY”

Antique World Market
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Clarence
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed November 14, 2017

First timers, WOWED. The cold November trip yielded a view of what appeared to be outdoor storage bins with merchants and then behind them were heated indoor booths where I found myself shopping for only a few hours but could have stayed all day. The building we shopped was large and divided into sections with mostly everything priced that I had looked at.Three was staff to assist in any area of need as well as to take your desired purchase items to a cubicle where they would sit safely until you were ready to pay.If you choose not to buy an item in holding they are fine with it. There were no questions asked as you could turn any corner and find something you wanted and another corner might reveal something you want as well. I bought a few great items. I am not sure if I could fairly say that everything was antiques but I did find some great items at fair prices.It could take you all day if you were to shop all the available buildings but I was not able to so it would be unfair for me to tell you about that part of the experience. I would recommend you plan on a day there and just go with your own flow. Food area was available as well as sitting and rest facilities.I would not recommend taking children as some areas are tighter than others and we are talking about Antiques of value with the assumption if you break it you buy it. Not very wheel chair friendly as again, tight areas with valuables to consider.

Date of experience: November 2017
in 4 reviews
"treasure"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed November 9, 2017

Hubby and I stopped here about the same time last year and spend about the same amount of time, taking our taking browsing through the buildings. It's fun to see old things either that you've never seen before or had forgotten existed, or you once had yourself. Although we didn't find many treasure to take with us this time, we still have a good time looking at everything and chatting with the vendors.

Hopefully next year we can make it during the warmer months when more vendors will have their units open.

Date of experience: November 2017
Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

I remember this place very fondly. I bought "old staff" that I still enjoy. In a recent Saturday the place looked deserted . Couple of curios that I noticed were cheap but overpriced for what they were. I offered what I would in auction but the attendant said that he was "offended". I will go back to brousse with low expectations.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

I have been going to this flea market a couple times per year for 40 years. You will not find a better one in the area. Something for everyone .

Date of experience: July 2017
See more reviews
Reviewed July 17, 2017

I used to love going to the Antique World Flea Market. It used to only be open on Sunday's. They had beautiful treed property and there would be so many vendors set up under the trees it was hard to find parking. There was something for everyone and prices were great. Now it's nothing but storage units full of over priced garbage. Seriously, most of it just needs to be trashed. And the prices were ridiculous. You could buy it new in a store for less. They ruined the flea market atmosphere just so they could make guaranteed money from the unit renters. Yes, in the larger buildings there are antiques and what they want you to think are antiques but really not worth your time. Find a small town flea market if you are really looking for great stuff. The time has passed for this one.

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank Linda S

Been to Antique World Market? Share your experiences!