Griffon GastroPub
Ranked #2 of 47 Restaurants in Clarence
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

The food was Amazing- highly recommend the gouda mac and cheese!! I had the Panko chicken and my husband had the chicken and waffle slider. So amazing. This is our new Date Night spot for sure.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

We went for lunch about 12:30, not very busy but found it to be quite noisy and dark. We sat in the back so we could have a booth, the front has the windows but those crazy high tables and chairs that I don't like. They have an incredible beer menu so if you like trying new or unusual beers, you'll love this place. My cousin ordered the chowder but it wasn't ready yet (at 12:30???) so she ordered the steak sandwich and was very happy with that. I ordered the ultimate grilled cheese and it was delish. I took half of it home, the portions are big. I don't eat meat and I noticed they offered a veggie burger but I wasn't in the mood for that. They had a corn fritter appetizer listed that I've eaten at their other location, that I recommend. Just wish they would offer a few more meatless items and brighten up decor and it would rate more stars from me.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

We had a very helpful and patient waitress, Kelsey, that we bombarded with questions! Lots of drink choices-I chose a local cider in a flavor I hadn’t seen anywhere else (apple pie) and my friend chose a local beer. I had the Roasted Apple & BlackBerry Salad.... so good & unique! My friend had the Salmon Burger-it must have been good because it was gone in a flash. We sat in the front and it was a very comfortable atmosphere - great for a visit with an old friend. They also had a back section which was separate from the bar area. Overall I really enjoyed this visit!

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Ok atmosphere. Average food. Not an extensive menu but the Mac and cheese was good. Not a beer drinker so can’t comment on the brews.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

We came here over the weekend to celebrate my college graduation as well as Mother's Day. Anticipating the restaurant being busy, we called ahead for a table about 45 minutes in advance. When we arrived, our table was set up and ready to go and we were seated immediately.

The beer list is extensive. There were so many options, we didn't even know what to try! We'll definitely be back just to check out all the different beers on their rotating tap list. There is also a list of bottled beer as well as a wine list.

The waiter brought our table cucumber-lemon infused water. It was fantastic! My father was even asking the waiter how he could make it himself at home. Our table ordered a variety of items (beef on weck, surf & turf, chicken & waffle sandwich, pb&j burger). Everything was PHENOMENOL. I can't say enough how great the food was. I loved the pb&j burger so much, I think I'm going to start putting pb&j on my burgers at home! Also, the chicken & waffle sandwich is a must try. I've never had anything like it and I will definitely be coming back for it in the future.

The service was excellent. Our waiter came to our table to refill our waters and check on us several times throughout our visit. In fact, all of the staff we encountered were very friendly.

The prices of the food appear to be a little high when you first look at the menu (i.e. $15 for a burger plate), but each meal comes with a side of fries and the servings are HUGE. I swear, my burger was at least half a foot in height. It was so big I had to eat it with a knife and fork! Yum!

If you haven't tried this place, you definitely should. I hope they stick around in the area for a long time to come.