All reviews howe caverns on site restaurant cooperstown suny microwave
Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

Listen, this hotel is clearly listed as a 3 star hotel. So I don't understand all the negative reviews! So, its a little outdated but they are working hard to remodel the hotel. The staff is so friendly and there is a restaurant, bar and bowling alley on site! How cool is that? We ate dinner at Delaney's the adjoining restaurant and really enjoyed our meal and staff!! The chef even came out to see how our meal was. Nice organic soaps clean bedding, pretty view. Awesome pool area, with a very cozy atmosphere! Small breakfast options in the morning, bagels toast, fruit. Would return.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2017

I review a lot of hotels and usually have no problem giving a place a 4 or 5 but the problems with this place at the price they charges can not be ignored. This is the first time I have stayed at a Rodeway Motel and I do stay at a lot of Choice hotels. The first thing that should have given me a clue was trying to find the place. No lights, no signs and on a back street up on a hill. If you are going to stay there, don't give up!
OK dealt with that. Looked fine in the lobby and I had a very nice person checking me in. We drove around to the back and dragged our stuff in only to open the room and find it was not made up. OK drag stuff to the lobby, new room.
Looked good. Clean and AC worked. Microwave and refrig present.
However, it went downhill after that.
1) WIFI did not work
2) TV reception was very bad. So turned that off.
3) Mattress was bad. I have slept on many beds but this was poor.
4) "Pililows" were small bags of mush. Bring your own.
5) Seemed like home when I went to the bathroom and only two squares left on the roll.
6) Looked for kleenex to blow my nose in the morning and box was empty.
7) Must have been the smallest room for a continental breakfast ever. I had some coffee which was good. Very very minimal offerings with old oranges as the only fruit.

Room Tip: Pick another place!
1  Thank EVGR
Reviewed September 18, 2017

I have stayed here a few times over the past few months, as my son goes to SUNY Cobleskill down the street. It's not at bad as some reviews have stated. The rooms I have stayed in have always been clean and although, YES, it is outdated, it's not horrendous. The hotel staff is quick for check it and pleasant. It's close to the college and the caverns.

Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

What a disappointment, place was a dive, aside from smelling bad, it looked bad. Went to turn down the bed, sheets looked slept in, mold on the chair, stains on the carpets.
Super 8 in town was so much better.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Mark B
Reviewed September 7, 2017

Attending a memorial service in the area during Labor Day weekend. Property is very dirty wallpaper tearing from the walls, carpet filthy I could go on. Breakfast is a joke at best - no coffee (machine broken) and a bug in the muffin tray. We went out to Dunkin Doughnuts. We had two connected rooms which was convenient for us. When we came back to our rooms our room was not serviced; beds not made, no fresh towels - you get the picture. Before going out that evening I talked to the manager reported my displeasure and asked for some compensation. I walked away and told him that I'd trust him to compensate in some way, he said he'd take care of it. I went to check out the next morning and didn't find anyone at the desk but found the clerk dead to the world head on the desk really out like a light. I said I was there to check out he was actually in a daze and finally got up and went to the front desk and found my bill. He apologized for not slipping the bill under the door said he didn't have time. Well you can guess nothing was discounted on the bill.

Went to use the pool on Sunday afternoon but that was closed, cause someone called in sick.

Pretty sad.