All reviews howe caverns on site restaurant cooperstown suny microwave
Reviewed October 19, 2017

We stayed here with the 4-H Agribusiness conference and it was fine. Nothing to write home about, good or bad. We used the pool, it was really cold but nice (it also has a kid's pool!) however, we were disappointed there was no hot tub. When we explored, we found a really cool bowling alley (how many hotels have that??) and a bar of some sort. The rooms were fine, average bland hotel rooms. I did notice that they use all environmentally friendly toiletries which I appreciate. All in all, the experience was good, not the best but definitely not the worst

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

Listen, this hotel is clearly listed as a 3 star hotel. So I don't understand all the negative reviews! So, its a little outdated but they are working hard to remodel the hotel. The staff is so friendly and there is a restaurant, bar and bowling alley on site! How cool is that? We ate dinner at Delaney's the adjoining restaurant and really enjoyed our meal and staff!! The chef even came out to see how our meal was. Nice organic soaps clean bedding, pretty view. Awesome pool area, with a very cozy atmosphere! Small breakfast options in the morning, bagels toast, fruit. Would return.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2017

I review a lot of hotels and usually have no problem giving a place a 4 or 5 but the problems with this place at the price they charges can not be ignored. This is the first time I have stayed at a Rodeway Motel and I do stay at a lot of Choice hotels. The first thing that should have given me a clue was trying to find the place. No lights, no signs and on a back street up on a hill. If you are going to stay there, don't give up!
OK dealt with that. Looked fine in the lobby and I had a very nice person checking me in. We drove around to the back and dragged our stuff in only to open the room and find it was not made up. OK drag stuff to the lobby, new room.
Looked good. Clean and AC worked. Microwave and refrig present.
However, it went downhill after that.
1) WIFI did not work
2) TV reception was very bad. So turned that off.
3) Mattress was bad. I have slept on many beds but this was poor.
4) "Pililows" were small bags of mush. Bring your own.
5) Seemed like home when I went to the bathroom and only two squares left on the roll.
6) Looked for kleenex to blow my nose in the morning and box was empty.
7) Must have been the smallest room for a continental breakfast ever. I had some coffee which was good. Very very minimal offerings with old oranges as the only fruit.

Room Tip: Pick another place!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank EVGR
Reviewed September 18, 2017

I have stayed here a few times over the past few months, as my son goes to SUNY Cobleskill down the street. It's not at bad as some reviews have stated. The rooms I have stayed in have always been clean and although, YES, it is outdated, it's not horrendous. The hotel staff is quick for check it and pleasant. It's close to the college and the caverns.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

What a disappointment, place was a dive, aside from smelling bad, it looked bad. Went to turn down the bed, sheets looked slept in, mold on the chair, stains on the carpets.
Super 8 in town was so much better.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family