“Wonderful stay!”

The White House Inn
Ranked #2 of 29 Cooperstown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 April 2012

My boyfriend Nick and I stayed this past weekend at the White House Inn. Neither of us had ever stayed at an inn before and we were both unsure what to expect. Ed greeted us and he was a gem. Everyone else was extremely accommodating to our needs, super friendly and the room was perfect. It was very clean, cozy and private. As I had never been to an inn I expected the breakfast to be a simple one. It was better than I could have hoped - delicious home-made pancakes and waffles. It was my boyfriends first time visiting Cooperstown and the White House Inn definitely made his first trip worthwhile! I would recommend highly.

1  Thank Maeve C

Reviewed 29 April 2012

If one wants to be close to Main street and the Hall of Fame, this is the place. Me and my wife, stayed here for a Friday, Saturday stay. The White House Inn was great from the initial greeting to being sent off in the morning with a great meal. Yes you will enjoy their breakfast. And don't worry about there being enough...they sure don't worry about your waistline, just kidding. Yes one save's money at the White House, the rooms are more reasonable in price than others, and one won't need lunch after their breakfast. The room was clean and well kept when we arrived and redone nicely when we returned that day to sleep again. I must not forget, me and my wife were just married Friday morning, had not let them know either when we arrived Friday night, did not want the attention. I only had brought it up when we were leaving, paying the bill, thanking them for unknowingly participating in our new life's together, and starting it on the right foot. Well Margie, comes to our room later when we are ready to leave with a nice bottle of red wine. I'll leave it at that...words can't say how i felt.
Eddie and Margie and the Inn keepers, they are fantastic.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

The White House Inn was not for us. I feel we were misrepresented on line. We were very disappointed after reading reviews. Drove 5 hours and could not stay there....checked out! People were nice but just not the B & B we were used to staying at.

3  Thank Lynn B
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We haven't been to Cooperstown in quite a while...what a mistake! After looking, on line,for a Bed & Breakfast , we decided to go to The White House Inn. Our final decision was made because of the wonderful conversation my husband Jim had with the owner Ed. We've been going to B&B's for over 26 years and the reception that you get on the phone with the owners or innkeeper is very important to us. It sort of "sets the stage" for the kind of hospitality that you are anticipating. WELL..what nice people! with smiles..chit-chat, super delicious breakfasts, and a feeling of being comfortable..!! Thank you so much for your flexibility, and the Carriage House was THE BEST!! We plan on coming back again..save the Carriage House for us Ed!!

Room Tip: go on line to look at the rooms...then call and talk to Ed or Pattie...they are very nice and honest...
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I've never been a Bed & Breakfast person, but I have nothing but the highest praise for The White House Inn. My wife, two adult children, and I spent a wonderful winter weekend there as part of a birthday celebration that had as its centerpiece a visit to the Baseball Hall of Fame. But The White House Inn nearly upstaged the Hall. We booked the Carriage House, which has two bedrooms with their own baths, a common living area with a half bath, and a kitchenette. It was great. Comfortable, roomy, clean, and well heated (very important when it's below zero outside). Particularly fulfilling were the daily sumptuous breakfasts served in the main house where we had a chance to mingle with the other guests. We all look forward to a return visit. Hospitality is alive and well and is personified by Ed, Marjorie, Mary and Pattie at The White House Inn.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with family or friends and need two bedrooms, go for the Carriage House.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Richard R
Reviewed 16 January 2012

The Whitehouse Inn is within walking distance of all things to do in Cooperstown. Better yet, it is a GREAT, comfortable, welcoming home away from home. The warmth and hospitality of Ed, Marge, Patty and Mary are beyond compare. The breakfasts are phenomenal! Would recommend The Whitehouse Inn to one and all!

Room Tip: We were in the green room in the Carriage House
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 January 2012

The entire staff (Owner Ed and Margie, Innkeeper Patty and Mary) make you feel at home from the time you enter this warm and comfy Inn. Top notch service, a great breakfast (hope Ed makes his lemon pancakes for you as they are outstanding or his eggs with cream cheese and chives or his sausage made in apple juice). You are greeted with a big Hello upon check in. While I was there a guest was to check in around 8pm. Not sure why but they checked in at 11pm. Ed waited for them and those guests received the the same big hello as I received when I checked in at 4:30pm. The rooms are very clean and the entire staff are outstanding. I travel to Cooperstown once a year in the winter time and have being staying at the White House Inn for four years. You can not go wrong stayng here. While there ask Ed to show you his Wall of Fame.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with another couple of children request the Carriage House. Two seperate bedroo...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cooperstown
0.3 km away
Tunnicliff Inn
#11 of 16 in Cooperstown
7.9 km away
Comfort Inn & Suites Milford/Cooperstown

Been to The White House Inn? Share your experiences!