“Great place to stay”
Review of Copake KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Copake
Copake KOA
Reviewed 24 May 2017

This is our third season at the Copake KOA. We keep coming back here because of the great memories that we are building. We were rookies three years ago and Cathy and Gary went out of their way to make us feel like family and even helped me work through some startup issues with my new camper. The camp is kept very clean and with live bands every weekend this year it just keeps getting better. My grandkids can't wait to come up for the crafts and other activities. It's just a great family campground

Room Tip: All sites are great
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
CopakeKOA, Owner at Copake KOA, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Thank you for the awesome review. I am so glad that you family keeps returning to camp with us each year. We know you have many campgrounds to choose from and appreciate the fact that we are a favorite.

Reviewed 11 May 2017

Stayed at the campground entrance is a little tight. Prices are pretty high for the area. Spoke to the owner Cathy and she definitely had displayed prejudice views against certain elements. I found this offensive and very disappointing.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
CopakeKOA, Owner at Copake KOA, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

We can park up to 12 rigs awaiting check in at our park, so that we may escort each one to their campsite. Therefore, I do not understand why you would feel our entrance was tight. But I welcome you to call and discuss if you have ideas on how we can make it better. We are the most expensive campground in the area. We have the most amenities and have won Best Campground of Columbia County for three years in a row. I have no idea what conversation you are referencing that you had with me, Seeing as how you are posting this review two days before we open for this season. I can only assume that this conversation must have been sometime in the past. Being a minority member myself I do not take references to prejudices lightly. If you would like to contact me to discuss your feelings feel free to call the office and ask for me or send me an email.

Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

My wife and I started using this Campground just last year and we have to say this is the best campground we have ever been to in the Connecticut Massachusetts New Hampshire area. It is extremely clean and organized the staff is very nice and willing to help you with anything. There's plenty of activities to do, nice big pool, horseshoes, playground , all that good stuff . The wife and I just like to relax on the weekend; sit there with a couple drinks and we're good

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank stevelisawillie
CopakeKOA, Owner at Copake KOA, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2017

Warms my heart on this cold day to read what wonderfully nice things you had to say about us. We do enjoy helping and having fun with our customers.

Reviewed 27 October 2016 via mobile

We actually worked the entire season at Copake KOA. In our travels we get to see many KOA campgrounds and have chosen Copake as a favorite! Extremely clean, spacious sites with excellent services and amenities. Owners Gary and Cathy take care of their customers and staff in a way that keeps us coming back year after year. Proud to be returning in 2017!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Debbie B
CamperSupport, Guest Relations Manager at Copake KOA, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2016

Wow, thank you so much for the kind words, Debbie! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us, including your campsite, our amenities, and our awesome staff. We appreciate the review, and look forward to seeing you again next year!

Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

When we arrived we were brought to our site and they helped back a sin. Bathrooms where individual and clean. They are cleaned twice a day. Plenty there for kids to do. The grounds are kept spotless. They even offered to deliver the bundles of wood that we purchased. Overall it was one of the nicest campgrounds we've ever stayed in.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank williamb62
CamperSupport, Guest Relations Manager at Copake KOA, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2016

Wow - we're honored by such a wonderful review, William! We are happy you enjoyed our facilities, grounds, and amenities that we offer. Thank you for your kind words, and we hope to have you back sometime soon!

Reviewed 29 September 2016

The campground is great and the staff is top notch. We stayed here for a week while I attended conference during the day. My three boys had a great time playing in the beautiful campground and enjoyed the crafts and game time. It was nice come back in the evening and play some basketball while everyone told me about all the fun they had. Thanks Copake KOA!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank jbjlclark
CamperSupport, Guest Relations Manager at Copake KOA, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2016

It was our pleasure to have you and your family stay with us! We're so happy your boys enjoyed our activities, games, and amenities, and that you were able to enjoy some basketball in the evenings. Thank you for your wonderful review, and we hope to see you again sometime!

Reviewed 29 September 2016

Copake KOA is a beautiful & clean campground. We met up with 4 other couples (40ish) We all took advantage of the beautiful grounds & weather. The ceramics was fun & the band was great. check-in& check-out was easy. I heard it was the owners first year & 1 word of advise...ease up on the 10pm quiet time. Those people that drive around reprimanding grown people for socializing is a little bit too much. Other than that I would probably go back next year.

Stayed: September 2016
1  Thank Theresa C
CopakeKOA, Owner at Copake KOA, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2016

Glad you enjoyed the activities here at our campground and found the park to be clean and beautiful. I do want to clear up a misconception you have. We have owned Copake KOA for seven years, and previously owned a different campground. So we have been in the business for sometime now. For us and our regular campers the Ten o'clock quiet hour works. Our policy has been from the beginning and still is that there are no outside electronics radios tvs etc after Ten. And voices need to be quiet enough that the noise does not travel to other campsites. We do not have a fire out policy. We don't mind if someone wants to sit around the campfire until the sun rises. We just want them to quietly enjoy their campfire so they do not disturb other campers who are sleeping. This helps for the most part eliminate those midnight phone calls about noisy neighbors. However we do still occasionally get those phone calls from time to time and do always respond to them.

Been to Copake KOA? Share your experiences!