“Great find,ideal location in a great little town”

Radisson Hotel Corning
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Corning
GreenLeadersBronze level
Toronto, Canada
“Great find,ideal location in a great little town”
Reviewed 6 April 2012 via mobile

This hotel is modern, perfectly located at the end of the main strip in Corning. A sweet little city with great restaurants, night life, and scenery. Tale a chance and come here to play and stay.

Stayed October 2011
2 Thank JeffreyMarchand

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Toronto,ON
Reviewed 24 March 2012

On our way to Washington D.C. I picked this hotel for me and my family (my husband and 13 year old daughter), because of the good reviews it already had. We were going to be driving a lot during the day and I didnt want to end up in some grungy room. This hotel actually exceeded my expectations. We reserved two queen beds and found that it was actuallly a very large room (long) with a nice bathroom. The beds were comfortable and we had no problems with noisy neighbours or anything. The best part about this hotel is the restaurant. I cannot express how wonderful and delicous the food was. Not to mention the very friendly waitresses who definitley made us feel welcomed. The Raddisson most certainly made a great impression on us.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank travelers3_10
Kitchener
Reviewed 21 March 2012

This comfortable and friendly hotel is just perfect for a stay in Corning New York. My daughter (10), my husband and I love the hotel's larger rooms (king size bed and sofabed). The beds are comfortable. The bathrooms are small. The fitness area, pool and whirlpool are terrific. The hotel is conveniently located near Market Street, filled with lovely independent antique stores, second-hand book stores, and good restaurants. The place is clean, quiet and comfortable and the stuff uniformly friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a recently upgraded room, which have a nicer decor.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank TiredCanadian
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 15 March 2012

The location of the hotel was excellent. The ambiance of the hotel was very nice. My room was quiet. I was a bit worried when I saw a couple of people come in with their dogs, and another person yell "my room is the party room", but once in my room I didn't hear a sound all night. TV was good. Restaurant was OK. However, one of the treats for me when I go away is to sleep in a really, really comfortable bed. I did not have the opportunity at this hotel.
The first night half the bed was like an air mattress, and the other half was rock hard. I couldn't figure it out, but I certainly didn't have a comfortable bed! In the morning, I mentioned the bed problem to the man at the front desk. He said "oh it is a sleep number bed. You have to adjust the bed". This would have been very valuable information when I was checking IN, not after I had spent a night there. So, I looked on the night table for this remote, as directed. No where. So, I called the front desk. He called head of maintenance. This man was wonderful. But he is having a tough time there. One wonderful person does not make an A1 team. He found the two remotes hidden under the bed. He "pumped" the other side of the bed. My question.....shouldn't the housekeeping person have put the remotes on the night tables, not hidden under the bed (BOTH of them). And didn't she make the bed TWICE, and didn't fix the bed. And didn't she notice the stains on the carpet?? 0 for the housekeeper. 10 for the head of maintenance. Or 25. He was wonderful. They did give me a complimentary breakfast, but I really would have liked a "hotel good sleep".

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank MaggieK126
Pasadena, California
Reviewed 28 February 2012

For business, I need to frequently travel to upstate NY. The Corning Radisson is always my first choice. Quaint location. Comfortable, cozy, good cable TV with a nice restaurant for all meals - if you choose to dine in. Can easily walk one block to many other local restaurants if you choose. Many times they have been fully booked and I unfortunately had to stay elsewhere. I have found the other hotels do not compare with the overall pleasant service, atmosphere and conditions that this Radisson provides.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Rick W
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 10 February 2012

On a recent drive from NYC to Toronto, my group (3 women) stayed in Corning as it is exactly half-way between the two cities. This hotel turned out to be an excellent choice as a) it was good value b) the room was spacious, clean and comfortable c) the service was superb and d) the hotel is located at the base of Main Street - an absolutely charming place to walk and shop. We ordered pizza from a restaurant a few doors down and it was close to the best pizza we've ever had. Thanks, Dan (at reception), for helping to make our one-night pit stop in Corning a memorable one.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank CarlaS26
Mount Pocono, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Thank you for a great getaway! We parked our car at the hotel and didn't need it until we left. Conveniently located at the end of Market Street, we enjoyed three days of shopping, eating, and sights all by foot. On our last night we relaxed in the outdoor hot tub in the winter weather. The hotel was very clean, quite, and run by friendly and hospitable staff. Hope to see you all again!

P.S. Sign up for the Radisson E-Rewards, we saved $25.00 and earned 100,000 Gold points!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Beyond_all_Borders
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corning
1.5 km away
5.0 km away
Ramada Painted Post Corning
Ramada Painted Post Corning
#3 of 7 in Painted Post

Been to Radisson Hotel Corning? Share your experiences!