“A Well Located Class Act”

Radisson Hotel Corning
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Corning
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 April 2012

As an attorney I travel to Corning on Business. This Hotel is literally a stone's throw from the Corning City Court (they are across from the hotel parking lot). This hotel is an older property but it is beautiful, clean, and well maintained. They don't make them like they used to, and this hotel reflects a time when thought went into architecture. From the way that natural light moves through the public spaces to the real plants aligning the lobby this hotel is a unique masterpiece to be enjoyed. It feels great just to walk around here.

I love to sit in the the lounge or the restaurant for a relaxing dinner or a drink. Food and service are very good here but pricey. Right outside the side door is main street Corning with dozens of bars and restaurants as well. The room accommodations are clean, neat, quiet, and comfy. They have excellent free coffee downstairs by their restaurant in the early morning.

This is not the cheapest hotel in the area, and there is no free breakfast but for classy surroundings, and a perfect location I think it is a fair trade off.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 April 2012

I lived in this hotel for 2 months and I look forward to the day that I can return for another visit.
The Sleep Number beds were very nice and the rooms were first class.
Meals were a bit pricey in the hotel but it is located at the end of Market street. There was an inexpensive Chinese restaurant accross the street and there were three pizza by the slice places within a few blocks of the hotel.
Market street offers a variety of restaurants and several drinking establishments that seem to vary greatly by age and socio-economic status. There were alot of people there on friday and saturday nights but the area was completely safe and I did not hear of any criminal activity during my visit.
Both the Cayuga and Seneca lake wine trails are within a 40 minute drive from the hotel.
The hotel fitness center was rather small but they had an agreement with a large fitness club in the area. Hotel guests could visit a fully equipped fitness club with a complimentary pass from the hotel.
An extremely efficient and helpful staff made my visit very enjoyable.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank ElGavatcho
Reviewed 6 April 2012

This hotel is modern, perfectly located at the end of the main strip in Corning. A sweet little city with great restaurants, night life, and scenery. Tale a chance and come here to play and stay.

Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank JeffreyMarchand
Reviewed 24 March 2012

On our way to Washington D.C. I picked this hotel for me and my family (my husband and 13 year old daughter), because of the good reviews it already had. We were going to be driving a lot during the day and I didnt want to end up in some grungy room. This hotel actually exceeded my expectations. We reserved two queen beds and found that it was actuallly a very large room (long) with a nice bathroom. The beds were comfortable and we had no problems with noisy neighbours or anything. The best part about this hotel is the restaurant. I cannot express how wonderful and delicous the food was. Not to mention the very friendly waitresses who definitley made us feel welcomed. The Raddisson most certainly made a great impression on us.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank travelers3_10
Reviewed 21 March 2012

This comfortable and friendly hotel is just perfect for a stay in Corning New York. My daughter (10), my husband and I love the hotel's larger rooms (king size bed and sofabed). The beds are comfortable. The bathrooms are small. The fitness area, pool and whirlpool are terrific. The hotel is conveniently located near Market Street, filled with lovely independent antique stores, second-hand book stores, and good restaurants. The place is clean, quiet and comfortable and the stuff uniformly friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a recently upgraded room, which have a nicer decor.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank TiredCanadian
Reviewed 15 March 2012

The location of the hotel was excellent. The ambiance of the hotel was very nice. My room was quiet. I was a bit worried when I saw a couple of people come in with their dogs, and another person yell "my room is the party room", but once in my room I didn't hear a sound all night. TV was good. Restaurant was OK. However, one of the treats for me when I go away is to sleep in a really, really comfortable bed. I did not have the opportunity at this hotel.
The first night half the bed was like an air mattress, and the other half was rock hard. I couldn't figure it out, but I certainly didn't have a comfortable bed! In the morning, I mentioned the bed problem to the man at the front desk. He said "oh it is a sleep number bed. You have to adjust the bed". This would have been very valuable information when I was checking IN, not after I had spent a night there. So, I looked on the night table for this remote, as directed. No where. So, I called the front desk. He called head of maintenance. This man was wonderful. But he is having a tough time there. One wonderful person does not make an A1 team. He found the two remotes hidden under the bed. He "pumped" the other side of the bed. My question.....shouldn't the housekeeping person have put the remotes on the night tables, not hidden under the bed (BOTH of them). And didn't she make the bed TWICE, and didn't fix the bed. And didn't she notice the stains on the carpet?? 0 for the housekeeper. 10 for the head of maintenance. Or 25. He was wonderful. They did give me a complimentary breakfast, but I really would have liked a "hotel good sleep".

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank MaggieK126
Reviewed 28 February 2012

For business, I need to frequently travel to upstate NY. The Corning Radisson is always my first choice. Quaint location. Comfortable, cozy, good cable TV with a nice restaurant for all meals - if you choose to dine in. Can easily walk one block to many other local restaurants if you choose. Many times they have been fully booked and I unfortunately had to stay elsewhere. I have found the other hotels do not compare with the overall pleasant service, atmosphere and conditions that this Radisson provides.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Rick W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corning
1.5 km away
14.9 km away
Hampton Inn Elmira/Horseheads
14.8 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning

Been to Radisson Hotel Corning? Share your experiences!