“friendly staff and clean rooms”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cortland
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Cortland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 April 2012

the staff are very helpful & professional at this hotel. the bedrooms and the bathrooms are very clean. the hotel has a home-like look. we would definitely stay at that hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank gail12110

Reviewed 16 April 2012

this place was great from the time you walked in JO-Jo greeted us and checked us in she was very helpful and couldnt stop feeding us from cookies when you arrived to chocolates to soup and even popcorn with a movie . the hotel is very clean. and breakfast was great. will return again

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank jimbuf
Teri T, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cortland, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

JoJo is a gem and a keeper! Taking the time to acknowledge her and her service is much appreciated. Thank you very much.
I am thrilled to read you enjoyed your stay and all our hotel has to offer.

Our entire team looks forward to welcoming you back again soon,

Reviewed 12 April 2012

We stayed here on our Anniversary. Check in was quick and easy, the receptionist was friendly. There was coffee, cookies and a cheese platter for guests. We booked the jacuzzi suite. The room was quite large and very clean. The wifi connection was fairly quick. We we came down latter in the evening there were petit fours available. We didn't use the pool area but it looked nice. We did use the gym it was adaquate. The bed was so comfortable I forgot I was in a hotel. I also thought it was nice that they provided an extra pillow and blanket in the closet. The complimentary breakfast in the moring was also very good, make you own waffles, sausage, mc muffins, pastries, etc. The only downside to our stay was we had booked the romance package and it was supposed to include a bottle of wine, when we called the desk we were informed that the hotel did not have a liquor liscence and could not provide it. Overall we had a great stay though and will definately be back, in fact if all Country Inn & Suites are this nice we may be staying at this chain more often.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jilld479

Happy Anniversary!

Thank you so much for allowing us the pleasure and honor to host such an important evening. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed the hotel and your stay was comfortable.

Until Next Year,

Reviewed 5 April 2012

The staff were very helpful right down to trying to arrange the best price for the room. This location was missing from the current Hotel Coupon Book. None the less, we were offered the room rate of the only Country Inn that was listed in our book.
On signing in, we were given a goodie bag with bottled water and a nice selection of snacks in it.Their complimentry cookies were fresh and very tastey also. This Inn has extremely comfortable beds , pillows and duvets. The room had a free DVD player with free movies provided if you should choose to use them.
The breakfast was excellent with waffles and perfectly cooked bacon and warm syrup, along with an very nice selection of other breakfast items. The finishing touch to our breakfast experience was the fact that we were offered real china dishes , glasses and silverware, in lieu of paper plates and plastic knives and forks.
We will definitely stay there again in our travels and recommend it to all our friends.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Maureen C
Teri T, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cortland, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2012

Dear Maureen,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent stay. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests how they enjoyed all our amenities and you listed several and that makes me very happy!

The diningware program with real plates, mugs, flatware, etc. is a program all Country Inn & Suties now offer...so please as your travels continue keep your eyes open for Country Inns whenever possible to continue to enjoy this wonderful upgrade!

Safe and Happy Travels,

Reviewed 24 March 2012

Wanted to book a hotel for my family's upcoming trip to the Marathon, NY Maple Festival. Many lower-level hotels, but not many that appeared clean and modern. The Country Inn & Suites exceeded our expectations. Beautiful, clean pool for the kids(+jacuzzi for us), gorgeous free breakfast with make-your-own waffles, immaculate rooms, safe location across from SUNY Cortland. Oh and free movies and popcorn for the kids in our room + free cookies all day long. Service team members called our room once each day to ask if everything was to our liking! Price was a bit more than a Days Inn or the like but not much....and worth every penny!

Room Tip: May want to ask to be near pool, if you plan on swimming.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Maureen T

Dear Maureen,

It sounds like your family had a wonderful weekend visiting the area and the local Maple Festival. Thank you for taking the time to recap your stay with us once you returned home. Your tip for traveling families was a nice touch and we appreciate your detail and extras noted in your review.

We hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to the area.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 18 March 2012

I practice law in the Finger Lakes. I had an early morning appearance at the Cortland City Court, and then a meeting in Syracuse so the Country Inn was an easy overnight choice. Over our years of living here (in Ithaca) many of my relatives have stayed here but I never made it past the front door. They all said it was nice but what does "nice" really mean.

On check in I was pleasantly surprised by the cookies and cakes. The room was clean and quiet. They also have a jacuzzi and free movie rentals. The breakfast was great (many different hot and cold items). If I had one gripe the bed was a tad soft for my tastes. Other than that from the shower to the toiletries to the staff I was more than happy.

But what really impressed me, hold on, I walked out to my car, and they had scraped the ice off all my windows and removed the snow. Wow! I was floored. I have never had a hotel do that for me (especially as a surprise). It started my day off in a great mood.

I would definitely recommend them. Every person who worked there (from the front desk to the kitchen to the parking lot) seemed willing to go the extra mile for me.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Newman019
Reviewed 27 February 2012

This hotel is exceptionally clean, comfy beds and the breakfast was delicious. Conveniently located and the staff was friendly.

Room Tip: Choose a room towards the back as there was some street noise.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Amy1414
Teri T, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cortland, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

We appreciate you taking your time to share your thoughts and experience with all our future guests. I am so glad to hear you had a good weekend and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warm Regards,
607-753-8300

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cortland
4.6 km away
9.8 km away
Hope Lake Lodge & Conference Center
27.1 km away
The Statler Hotel at Cornell University

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cortland? Share your experiences!