Budget Motor Inn(Stony Point)
Free cancellation until 03/08
Free cancellation until 05/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$90
US$93
Nyack Motor Lodge(West Nyack)
Free cancellation until 03/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$75
All reviewslibrary suitehamilton househudsonairbnbevan
Reviewed May 6, 2010

This past April was our second stay the Alexander Hamilton House, and I’m sure we’ll become regulars. It is a delightful place to stay in a village that will always have a place in our hearts (former Crotonites). The exterior and interiors are visual treats, the rooms tastefully decorated, the service exceptional and each delicious breakfast introduces an interesting variety of fellow guests.

Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed May 4, 2010

For the past 2 months, I've stayed at Alexander Hamilton House once a week and I love it! It's become my home away from home! The staff is warm and caring, the rooms and lovely, the other guests are always friendly...it's truly great!

As a woman alone, when I was picking a place to stay once a week I really needed a safe location and caring people in a beautiful setting. Alexander Hamilton House gives me all this and more!

I've stayed in several of the rooms already: The Turret Room, The Rose Room, The Yellow Room, The Victorian and The Library. All clean with wonderfully comfortable beds! Don't hesitate staying in one of the rooms with a bathroom across the hall. It's very comfortable and not awkward at all. Everyone is very private and the house is set up so well that you won't notice your 2 steps across the hall. It just feels like home!

Breakfast is always wonderful. Tom cooks up something special and great each time or if you have any individual requests, he's more than willing and able to accommodate.

Like all Bed and Breakfasts, you find yourself sitting at breakfast with a table of strangers. I adore my mornings there because the other guests have all be very kind, interesting and intelligent. I've had some really great debates and conversations at the breakfast table! It's also perfectly OK to keep to yourself. I never feel pressured to interact.

Obviously, I'm a big fan! I'll be back there tomorrow evening!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed March 24, 2010

I stayed for 2 nights while on business in the area and it was AMAZING. Tom, the innkeeper, actually met me out in the parking lot at 9:30 at night with an umbrella since it was pouring rain. He brought me breakfast each morning in my suite, which was fantastic. I can't say enough about how wonderful my stay was here. I chose this B&B because there aren't a lot of hotels in the area. The prices here are as good as any hotel, plus breakfast, a great innkeeper, and a beautiful location. Enjoy!!

Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2010

We stayed there over the Valentine day weekend and it was the perfect spot. The service was good and the breakfast in the morning was delicious. The inn was close to many attractions and the Croton Dam is breathe-taking. Only complaint I had was that we didn't stay any longer. We are definitely returning.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 24, 2010

Back in July 09 I found out that I would be working out of town for about 7 months. I began looking for apartments and hotel suites. I came across the web site for the Alexander Hamilton B&B when I searched for something close to my job and close to the train station. I didn’t know how I would like it, but I’m sure glad I tried.

This place has become my home away from home, a feeling that I would never get from an apartment or hotel. Cyd, Barbara, Steven and Lori have gone beyond innkeepers to make my stay most enjoyable. Not to mention the beautiful inn itself. I think I’ve been in every room there and each one is beautiful and unique in its own way. I’ve spent many hours at one of the dining room tables catching up on the Buffalo News, just as I would do in my own home.

Then there are all the other niceties; great breakfasts, rides to & from the train station, special treats in my room when I return Sunday nights, ride to the ER when I was too sick to find the hospital on my own. I could go on, but I just want to let you know that this is not the typical B&B.

My project is almost over and my time at the Alexander Hamilton House is at an end, but I’m already making plans with my family to return shortly.

Thanks,