“Combination of Rustic and Modern”

Oakland Valley Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cuddebackville
Oakland Valley Campground
Reviewed 14 July 2017

We were on the road all day, and stopped at a rest area to call some campgrounds to see if we could get a site. I was very thankful that this campground had room for us and allowed our dogs there (I called 2 campgrounds prior to them---first place had us on hold and never picked up; second place wouldn't allow 3 dogs).

Owner was friendly, and after I asked her if she took AAA or Good Sam, she said she didn't, but that they gave military discounts. I didn't qualify for that, but then she told me I could get $25 off for being a first-time camper there. I was able to get my site for $25 that night, so I was quite thankful.

The campground was a mix of woodsy/rustic and modern. We had a big corner site. We got in late and it was raining, so we didn't use the pool, but it did look nice.

There's a stone road that leads down to a lower level with more campsites, and I was told there's access to the Neversink River somewhere down there too.

Overall, was thankful to find a nice, quiet place to shower and get some much-needed sleep before heading out early the next morning.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Been to Oakland Valley Campground? Share your experiences!