All reviewsdarien lake theme parksmall fridgepark ticketsnice sizelobby areaenjoyed my stayconvenience
Reviewed August 9, 2016

I arrived in mid afternoon to a frustrated looking group. Turns out a very recent reservations system upgrade was being learned. My patience was rewarded by the manager with a room upgrade and free meal vouchers for our entire (two day) stay. That saved us a lot of money (and all the food was fine, especially the pizza). All staff was friendly and engaging, rooms were fine. Go see them.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2016

My family of 4 stayed here and were very happy with it. I forget what package we purchased but we got 1 night stay, 4 tickets to the park which we could use for 2 days, free parking, free large pizza, and 4 breakfast buffets for around $350 - well worth it! The walk from the hotel to the park was about 10 minutes. It's too bad they don't have a little shuttle for people who have disabilities from the hotel to the park. The path was well lit at night too. And the hotel had a little snack bar that had some nice variety. Easy check in with very friendly staff and the rooms were very clean. We did not use the pool but it looked very nice. We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank RainyMed
Reviewed July 29, 2016 via mobile

I was actually unimpressed; I don't typically expect much out of a hotel room other than being clean and sanitary. We purchased the suite and for the price point we were expecting a suite with 2 rooms, 2 queen beds, and 2 bathrooms, but what we actually got was a standard room with another room that had a couch, kitchen island type thing, and fireplace. So they advertised it literally to mean 2 rooms, that had bathrooms, and the 2 queen beds in one room with a converted attached standard room turned into a living-room.

After driving four hours, realizing the predicament that we found ourselves in, and surrendering to the situation, we started to look around the room. Everything seemed fine, until we saw some old nasty socks, a sticky coffee table in that stupid suite not a suite living-room, and some dust.

The front desk staff was super accommodating, helpful, and the cleaning staff came up quickly and courteously cleaned the room without problems.

All in all its a decent place to stay, just don't waste your time money and effort on a suite, and if you have problems let them know.

Overall I rate this place: Just as disappointing as when I scored my first touchdown and looked up into the stands and realized my dad was never coming back.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2016 via mobile

We managed to get the one night vacation package. It was well worth the price tag! We got to stay on premises and make everyone happy. The girls went to the Disturbed /Breaking Benjamin and the adult went back to the lodge and relaxed with a cold beverage(wink wink). The lodge rooms are very nice. Would recommend this deal!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2016 via mobile

So my 2 friends and I came here for the first time to see 5 Seconds of Summer and we stayed for 2 nights since that's the minimum amount of nights you're allowed to stay. We got there the night before around midnight and the people at the front desk were very friendly and welcoming, they gave us our wrist bands for the park and we went into our room which was very clean and well kept. The next morning my friends and I went to the park until around noonish/1:00 then we went to our room and got ready to go to the pool.
The pool was nice! It wasn't heated or anything so we were only in it for an hour. My friends stayed back while I went back to the room to get ready for the concert.
This was when the problems started. I went to have a shower and as I was showering I noticed the water wasn't draining now I thought it was just me and I flicked the drain thing the wrong way so I didn't even think of it. So after that my friends came back and I explained to my one friend what was going on so she called the front desk to let them know and they said they'd send someone to check it out for us. Mind you our concert was at 6:30 and it was 3:00ish when this was happening so after waiting 25 minutes and calling the front desk 4 times someone finally showed up. Now the guy looking after our shower was there for about half an hour until he said he had to get someone higher up to get our shower fixed. My friend called the front desk to explain what was going on and if we could just use a room quickly to get ready and shower but she addimitley told her all of the rooms were booked. The new guy finally came and the first thing he said was "wow there's a lot of hair in there!" my friends and I were so disgusted and the smell was so bad my friend walked down to the front desk and told them that we really needed to get ready for our concert and the girl at the front desk gave her so much attitude and was snarky towards her as if it was our fault our shower had so much hair in it it was literally like someone shaved all of their hair off in the shower(note the photo below). My friend said that even if the shower was fixed we didnt want to use it anyways and the girl replied EXTREMELY rudly by saying "well you know we can get our maids in there to clean it for you" the attutude was not needed we were just frustrated because now at this point we only had an hour and a half to get ready...1 hour and a half in a room with 3 girls who need to get ready...it was literally impossible. FINALLY after over an hour of trying to figure out this problem they gave us a new room...they didn't offer to help us move our stuff nothing...they gave us free food vouchers which we couldn't use because we were so late to our concert we had to stop at the subway in the park. And they also gave us ride vouchers which weren't even free you had to buy one then you'd get another free... They also credited my friend a free one night which was great but I feel like all 3 of us should have gotten that to...

After that we were an hour late to our concert so thank you!! I will not be staying here again. Worst experience ever.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends