NYZ Apocalypse - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Visit on Thursday

I am going to visit tomorrow night I was wondering how much money I should bring and the hours of... read more

Reviewed April 11, 2018
Brendan G
via mobile
Fun group outing to fight zombies

We organized a large group of co-workers and friends for a Saturday night zombie hunt, and we had a... read more

Reviewed July 21, 2017
FlyDog33
Westchester County, New York
via mobile

All reviews fun experience saturday night rifle laser zombie shoot
Reviewed September 17, 2015

From the moment you arrive the experience starts. Everyone is in character from the second you line up at the door. Be prepared for a boot camp like experience, you're yelled at and bossed around. The staff keeps things moving, from registration to training. Once trained on their weapons systems and given a rundown on the history of the Apollo Prison you are escorted down to the prison levels. Unfortunately things deteriorated quickly and your thrust into a kill or be killed environment. The undead have made themselves at home, there are very few friendlies once you descend.

The owners and staff have done a great job setting this up. If you go in the warmer months be prepared for some heat, no AC, kind of fits in with the theme, power was lost and the undead are on the loose. Aside from the lack of AC, we had gone during the summer, my only complaint was the amount of time it lasted...not nearly long enough...we were having so much fun we were disappointed it ended so quickly. We splurged on the deluxe package and even that wasn't long enough. They'll allow groups of 5 or so, but we found that to be a little restrictive, 4 would have been perfect which is how many we were the second time we did this. The spaces can be a little confining and you want to be able to move freely and get your weapon on target quickly. We used the rifles, excellent mock ups of M4s. They had the look and feel, not to mention the action, of an actual assault rifle, very well designed.

This is a laser tag game when all is said and done. The zombies have sensor collars that you need to hit when shooting them. Players also have sensors that record your 'death'...when a zombie gets close enough you are 'infected.' Fear not, they never actually touch you, there is no inappropriate contact.

All in all just a great time. My wife, all 5'1 of her, had a ball. She was the one who found the information and organized our adventure. We plan on going again soon. I was top dog the first time through, and placed second when we went back a couple weeks later. Some may consider it a little pricey for the amount of time it lasts, but considering the effort put into it by the owners and staff it was worth it to us.

Excellent!

1  Thank Scott W
Reviewed August 30, 2015 via mobile

The first time I went here was Halloween. The line was 2 hours long! So that was an indication that this is a fun place. However, it is pricey, for me at least. $35 is what we paid. It doesn't sound so bad because it was a lot of fun. But it was only 15 minutes of fun for my friends and I. There's an extra level for an extra charge if you want to shoot zombies for another minute.

All in all it was fun. I would recommend it to anyone. Especially to anyone with a friend that gets scared easily. You can only go in in groups of 5 so think about the number of people you're going to take. Groups consisting of 3 people and under will most likely be joined by another small group on a busy night.

2  Thank flipinny
Reviewed August 29, 2015 via mobile

We went with 8 people and had a killer time blasting zombies. If you like all the zombie shows and movies you will absolutely love this. You get to shoot zombies and get scared at the same time, it was one of the best times we have ever had. We will be doing again and again. HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!!!!!!

1  Thank BigChris73
Reviewed January 27, 2015

This was a fun experience! - Its like playing a live arcade game where you shoot the zombies and then reach checkpoints, reload and do target practice. I stumbled upon this while looking for something fun and was not disappointed at all! They build the ambiance as soon as you walk in the door. The excitement and adrenaline will keep you going! The whole experience was about an hour long - 30 min registering teams and "training" and about 30 min in the course. Make sure you register online and buy tickets before you go- the line for walk ins was about 2.5 hrs and people will stand around and wait. Since we had already made reservations, we skipped the line and went right on in! This was really cool and I can't wait to do it again- hopefully next time I will improve my total kills and accuracy ratings.

1  Thank thecuriouskat
Reviewed January 23, 2015 via mobile

Zombie hunting was great and the whole atmosphere really cool !! Going to visit again great price my friends were screaming the whole way through they should open for more days

1  Thank Jimmy L