“Not Italian, Not Friendly, Not Worth It”

Salvatore's Italian Gardens
Reserve with OpenTable
Salvatore's Italian Gardens is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 101 Restaurants in Depew
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Genessee Street
Transit: We are 1.2 miles from buffalo international airport BUF. Salvatore's also provides shuttle served to and from any business within a 5 mile radius.
Description: Our team of chefs has put a menu together offers the finest selections in Steaks, Seafood and Italian Cusine. We are also the recipient of the DiRONA award. Our wine spectator award winning wine list has over 300 selectons and is the best in the city. Joe Salvatore his sons Russell Salvatore & Nicholas Salvatore have taken Salvatore's to the next level. We are now noted as Buffalo's only Italian Steakhouse. If your visiting from out of town do not forget to check out Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, it's unique in style. We offer hotel and dinner packages that let you experience the best of both worlds. Remember you can make any day a Salvatore's Day.
Cambridge, MA
“Not Italian, Not Friendly, Not Worth It”
Reviewed 14 November 2012

Salvatore's has been my mother's favorite restaurant for decades. My sister's wedding reception was there in the 1980s. Recently new ownership took over (the son took over from the father). Two years ago the restaurant still had good service and food. However, beginning last year both have gone done dramatically. I went with my family in October and we had the same abrasive waitress that we had last year; it's not that she is overtly hostile, it is simply her personality to be brusque and unfriendly. There were no Italian or vegetarian options. Salvatore's has become primarily a meat warehouse in order to rack up the highest bills possible. A lobster tail was on the menu with a price tag of $90. This is Buffalo, people, not the Upper East Side of Manhattan. When I asked if I could have spaghetti or some other pasta dish with no meat, the waitress informed me that they could make anything, but it would have to be part of the 3 for $33 menu. A plate of spaghetti accompanied by iceberg lettuce with a few croutons and a dessert of cake popsicles (which you can get at Starbucks for $1.30 a piece) for $33? No thanks. Everyone else in the party ordered and when I said I did not want anything at each course, the waitress was visibly dismissive. My mother got the pork chop: a 5-inch thick tiny slab that had no flavoring. It was accompanied by potato gratin with pungent cheese that made it inedible and 5 tiny carrots. The other dishes were equally disappointing.

When the father ran the restaurant, the service was outstanding--everything from the way customers were greeted, the way coffee was poured, the impeccably swift manner that the tables were cleared and cleaned, was impressive. Russell walked around each night personally greeting the customers. Our salad plates remained on our table throughout almost the entire meal; the only person who did a good job was the young man who filled our water glasses. At one point the manager (not the owner) and, without making eye contact with anyone, stopped by and asked, "How is your meal?", but before we could even answer, he walked away, nodding his head.

At the end of the meal, my mother declared: "Salvatore's is no longer my favorite restaurant." This means that we will stop buying gift certificates for my parents for birthdays and holidays.
Finally. There are many other wonderful restaurants for half the price and quadruple the quality.

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank RomaCambridge

OSHAWA
“Outstanding As Always”
Reviewed 14 November 2012

I had visited Salvadore's for the first time ten years ago and had never forgotten the amazing night I had there. Upon my visit this time, I made a point of going again and taking my brother with me so that he could experience this restaurant. The food was perfect, the atmosphere was great, and the service was excellent. They were able to fulfill my request as well which just added to the night. Once again, I commend them and will definately be visiting with them again in the future!

• Visited November 2012
Orchard Park, New York
“Could've been Better”
Reviewed 7 November 2012

After hearing so much about staying there from friends and family, and going there for parties I was very excited about going there with my boyfriend. Our reservations were at 8pm, we were finally seated at about 8:45pm. Our waiter didn't bring us water till 20 minutes later and didn't take our food order till a half our later. Finally around 9:45pm we ate. We were so tired after waiting, we went back to the hotel room at the Garden Place. It was pretty nice there, only bad part, we could hear the people in the room next to us, and I mean hear them pretty well. I think our evening out would've been better if we didn't go to the restaurant sadly enough, the service, and even the food wasn't worth it.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Nicky M
Buffalo, New York
“Gawdy - but not in a Bad way...”
Reviewed 7 November 2012

This place is a trip! It is so gawdy that it cant be believd but still very classy and beautiful. If you go in the Christmas Season you will see things that you have NEVER seen in a restaurant.
All that aside,m whenever I go there the service is perfect, the atmosphere is perfect and the food is perfect. It's pricey but worth every penny! Treat yourself.

Clarkdale, Arizona
“The very best way to start our retirement!”
Reviewed 6 November 2012

We had just finished our last job and were on our way home. Staying overnight in Buffalo we looked for what we thought would be a nice restaurant. Found this place and it is superb, what a wonderful place, the atmosphere topped any of the great places we've been too as did the food and the service. Everything was perfect and we do enjoy really fine dining. It is at the very top of my list for favorite restaurants. We will go back when we head East to see family

• Visited November 2012