My daughter and I decided to have a break in the Hamptons and we are so glad we chose this beautiful and welcoming inn. We made our reservation less than 24 hrs prior to our arrival. The receptionist was cheery and helpful. When we arrived from our exhausting international flight we were pleased to find we had been upgraded to the most delightful and cozy room number three.
Although weary upon arrival, our spirits lifted as we drew up outside the property. The inn was story-book perfect, complete with roaring fire. We were greeted by friendly and efficient staff who checked us in, took care of our (very heavy) baggage and parked our car for us. Room three was absolutely delightful. We showered in the beautifully equipped marble bathroom. The Frette towels and Molten Brown toiletries were plentiful and much appreciated. We both had a most wonderfully restful night courtesy of the immaculate Frette bedlinen, perfectly weighted duvet and supremely comfortable mattress and pillows.
Waking refreshed and ready to explore we descended the stairs to the dining room for breakfast. The food at the inn was glorious and the waiting staff were most proficient and pleasant. Standards were high and consistent.
We loved eating our evening meals downstairs in the tavern. We enjoyed the food and wine immensely and met some wonderfully interesting and genuinely warm people. I cannot recommend the food enough. Fresh produce, immaculately prepared and presented, ten out of ten.
The inn is professionally run by the most pleasant and helpful staff. The housekeeping staff assured the highest levels of cleanliness and comfort. The food was consistently delicious and the waiting staff were always efficient and friendly. The receptionists and reservation staff were most helpful and accommodating.
All of these combined to make our stay at the 1770 House perfect. We cannot wait to return and are already planning our return visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming, three-story house bordered by a white picket fence embodies traditional Colonial appeal. Built in the mid 1600's, some original architecture remains, especially in the lounge, with its beautiful wood paneling and ceiling beams.Rooms vary in size and each has a sitting area, some have a fireplace.The 1770 House has two fine restaurants. The Tavern, a favorite for Hamptons locals, has a tiny bar, fireplace, famous meatloaf and other casual fare. The main dining room is more elegant and sophisticated, serving a contemporary American menu with a Wine Spectator award winning wine list. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Travelocity.ca so you can book your The 1770 House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The 1770 House Hotel East Hampton
- 1770 Hotel
- The 1770 House East Hampton, NY - Hamptons