“Good food”

The Service Station
Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

We liked this place
Good Food and friendly service
But overpriced but worth the experience
Will come again

Reviewed September 23, 2017

So here is a weekend review from my little retreat last weekend in the Hamptons with my wife. This place has been around for as long as I could remember and I have been going for as long as I could remember cause the food has always been really good, but it has changed names and hands in the past couple of years. It is located right on Montauk Highway, East Hampton LI. It was originally called Nichols and was owned by a model, and as we all know, just because you can walk down a runway doesn't a restaurateur make! She did own it for some time, but from what I was told, made no money due to her lack of charging her friends and her show off nature, shocking! She was able to keep it afloat due to her day job. As time went on, she had no choice but to fold. It changed hands and was called Winstons. I am not really sure what happened but I was never able to check it out during this ownership cause it folded up shop that quick. It is now called The Service Station, and I believe it is owned by two very nice guys. Their food is on point (better than Nichols) and their Bloody's are TREMENDOUS. Made with San Marzano tomatoes and served with a couple chunks of bacon, olives, a small pickle, celery, and is called "bloody hell"..... awesome! The menu is really creative and their ingredients are all top notch, right down to the bread and really fresh... see the live chicken? Actually that is just a neighborhood chicken that walks around the place. Their used to be seating outside, but due to an accident in Montauk, the town does not allow it roadside anymore, but they have huge windows they do open during the season. Let's get to our food. We started with bloody's and classic spinach artichoke dip, really good. For our entrees I had a glass of Cabernet with the Le Royal filet mignon sandwich, AWESOME and cooked a perfect medium rare. My wife had "Eggs in a frame".... was as good as it looked. Like I said, owners, operators, and staff are very nice and engaging. So I give this joint an all around 8.5. If you are ever out that far on the island this spot is well worth a drop in. Till the next time my foodies.... mangiare e mangiare....

Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

It is a pity that this place is so noisy!
The food is not great, frankly, with big portions and plates filled to the brim (less is more should be the rule applied from this restaurant!)
The wine by the glass is rather disappointing too!
Pity though.

Reviewed August 2, 2017

After friends recommended we try Service Station, we did and were more than pleasantly surprised. Excellent service, delicious food, large portions and fun, casual dining. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed July 19, 2017

Friendly restaurant with good food and service. It is family friendly and has large portions. There is a nice bar scene. We particularly liked the burgers and soup.