“Poor excuse for BBQ”

Smokin Wolf
Ranked #18 of 72 Restaurants in East Hampton
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

I swear I just ate brisket smoked in a microwave. No smoke ring and just not “brisket”. It looked .... well.... sad....
If I wasn’t absolutely starving I wouldn’t have continued eating.
The vegetable side was lacking as well. I ate 2 pieces.
The brisket chili was brisket fat with chili seasoning. Another downer.
The girl at the front was not great when we asked about ingredients in the options as we have food allergies. We had to ask her to ask the chef as she couldn’t say for sure- but also didn’t offer to check- it’s 2018 - 1 in 13 kids have food allergies. When you don’t know, you say, I’m not sure I will check with the chef. Simple, kind, and friendly. Why doesn’t anyone understand this concept.
Would not recommend and will not be returning.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

If ever you are in the Hamptons this is definitely one spot worth stopping. First of all they have excellent staff so once you get there you feel welcome and at home. The food is as to be expected in the Hamptons, I went about brunch time and I started with a vegetable salad and barbecue wings (these wings are to die for) then worked my way to the main course. When in the Hamptons it's a must to visit the Smokin Wolf, if not you'll be missing out on an awesome Hampton culinary experience.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 24, 2018

Not sure where to start...the title of this review says it all. I LOVE BBQ and this place slays it! No surprise as Owner/Chef ran the kitchen just up the road a bit at for many years at the funTurtle Crossing. Everything is amazing- corn bread, hush puppies, cole slaw, mac n cheese, baked beans...and then the RIBS, BRISKET and PULLED PORK & CHICKEN are beyond low and slo smokin incredible. There are more great things- bbq sandwiches, burgers, quesadillas, etc. All Takeout- great for beach parties, or a grand food fest on the back deck. Only thing missing from the old Turtle Crossing are the Tootsie Pops as you head out the door...BRAVO to SMOKIN WOLF!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 9, 2018

We expected more. It was almost lousy. We will never go back. plus we had to wait when there were few there.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank jstc50
Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

It is no longer necessary to slave over dinner to impress your friends and family when in east hampton - just order food from smokin wolf - the fried chicken is superb, the ribs so good ! The fish excellent , the arugula salad wonderful, the baked beans will make a baked bean lover out of anyone and everyone- the slaw is great, the broccoli yummy
Corn go for it - you can put out an impressive spread and enjoy your day without a thought !

Date of visit: May 2018