“Will definitely be coming back!”

1770 House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
1770 House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 72 Restaurants in East Hampton
Price range: US$50 - US$50
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Dayton Lane
Reviewed June 6, 2017

We went to 1770 House for dinner last night and it was just amazing. We started with 2 kinds of cheese and the fluke tartare. Our mains were the Swordfish and the Veal Cheek and Lobster Ragu with a side of Saffron Rice. We shared a bottle of Pouilly Fume (Ps. they have a great wine selection) and ended the night with the ricotta cheesecake, which was one of the most amazing desserts I have ever had in my life. Everything from the atmosphere to the food was perfect for a quiet and romantic night in the East Hamptons. Will definitely be coming back next time we are in town.

1  Thank Giusy C

Reviewed June 6, 2017

I am so glad our group had dinner at this restaurant! The building has lots of history -- original exposed wooden beams, original brick oven stove (closed off and unused) and doors that used to lead to underground tunnels. We ate downstairs in the Tavern so that we could have the meatloaf, made famous by Ina Garten. (Only served downstairs) It was better than I even imagined! So soft, flavorful and just perfect. We also had the pre-fixe menu of asparagus/egg salad, scallops and cheesecake. The asparagus was amazing -- I loved it. There is lots of fresh dill in it, so make sure you like dill. The scallops were ok. They were good, but I think I just craved a different flavor that night. Someone at our table ordered the pork chop with fried kimchee pancake. I didn't try it, but he seemed very happy with it. Sounded like the combination was perfect with the meat, kimchee and applesauce. My husband had a bite and really liked it. The cheesecake was delicious, but I'd go for the date cake over it. The cheesecake had a perfect blueberry topping and the graham cracker crust was soft and buttery. The date cake is so moist and different than what you can get in many places though. We also had the special appetizer of the day -- toasted focaccia with a mozzarella-type cheese. I highly recommend that one too! Excellent. I just wish it came with four pieces of bread instead of three. That would make it more proportional to the amount of cheese. The service was phenomenal. I thought the music was a tad too loud. My husband loved hearing 80's music though ;) I think I would have preferred a softer kind of background music to fit the atmosphere. Maybe upstairs is different though. Such a wonderful experience! Thank you 1770 House!

Reviewed June 3, 2017 via mobile

The chef at 1770 is outstanding. Food is absolutely lovely. Breakfasts to die for. Downside is that the restaurant is limited in size so early booking advised. You won't regret it.

Reviewed May 16, 2017 via mobile

Excellent meal. It is by far the best dinner place in town. It's located in a fine 1770 vintage old inn hence the name. Not a strong pick for vegetarians. A pasta dish on the menu could be made appropriately for vegetarians.

Reviewed May 5, 2017

Arrived after a flight from the UK and a drive from JFK, our reservation was spot on and we had a quite table in the corner. It was busy for the Easter celebrations and there were a number of specials put on. Our meals were excellent and the service first class.