“Our favorite place to eat in The Hampton's!”
Review of Bay Kitchen Bar

Bay Kitchen Bar
Ranked #10 of 72 Restaurants in East Hampton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 31, 2018

We come to East Hampton each Summer-Fall and this is our very favorite place to eat. We come many Saturday nights to enjoy the beautiful sunsets and great food. They serve THE BEST seafood here and my favorite meal is The Lobster Dinner. I start with the light and delicate Clam Chowder. Have never tasted better any where! The Lobster dinner comes with fresh cooked veggies and melted butter. It is SO fresh and tender. My guess is they serve us a 2-3 pound Lobster. Very large! All the desserts here are scrumptious, but my favorite is the Banana Bread/ Cake with Ice Cream Sundae. Lots of fresh berries on top. The Ley Lime Pie is my husbands favorite. The servers are all friendly and the views are breath taking of the sunset. It can be noisy and crowded, but that is because it is packed to enjoy the fabulous food offered here. It is an excellent place to spend an evening if you enjoy great food and being in a beautiful location on the water.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed August 29, 2018

We go here every year for hubbys bday,,,,,the food is well prepared, waitstaff perfect. But a few glitches: first, it's warm...so why water with no ice? Many tables request it so why not do it when the temperature is 90 and above? Hostess could not find reservation, which was a little annoying. Don't sit in the seats right by the view when it's sunny...everyone asks to move because it's too hot. The food.....octopus delicious as always. I had the soft shell crab special (had it before), but the creamed corn was skimpy...like 2 tablespoons.Still think it's a good place, but not sure about a special occasion dinner.

Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

One of my favorites for a summer dinner in East Hampton. The setting over Three Mile Harbor is perfect, and the ambience is casual but refined. Yes, there is a generally a bit of wait for a table, even with a reservation. But, it is worth the wait. The menu is terrific. So is the service.

Reviewed August 16, 2018

We came for happy hour and they have several wines and beers available. Oysters and clams are available and are sold by the piece. Wonderful weather when we were there, and the sights are fabulous. We sat on the open-air porch.

Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

Lovely spot, gorgeous sunset, decent food and service, but could not hear yourself think, much less carry on a conversation. It was a combination of music and tables crowded together. I honestly can’t even remember what we ate the overall experience was so unpleasant. Maybe I am just getting old!

Date of visit: July 2018