“Just perfect”

Ranked #5 of 12 East Hampton B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Just perfect”
Reviewed 19 April 2011

We ended up staying at the Maidstone purely due to having to find last minute accommodation in the area late on a Friday afternoon. The reservations team were delightful and immediately helped. Upon arrival the desk staff were warm and welcoming and got us settled in the room. We were traveling with our pet and they provided a room that not only had a gorgeous bedroom but lounge area too so he had plenty of room. The decor was amazing and complete with bathroom with rainfall shower and spa products.

We decided to dine that evening at the hotel (it was late and we were exhausted after the stress of the afternoon). We were looked after by Désirée who made us feel relaxed and was a highlight of our stay (she looked after us for the next evening too). Food was excellent and the general surrounds of the hotel beautiful. Interiors are very unique and clearly a lot of time and love has been put into the venue.

What sets this hotel apart is the staff clearly are incredibly good at what they do and combine professionalism with warmth. It was a breath of fresh air! Combined with the beautiful interiors and settings it was a stay we will always remember.

Thanks you c/o The Maidstone !

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed 18 March 2011

I just returned to NYC after a couple of days at c/o The Maidstone with my husband. There is no way we could ever afford anything worthwhile in East Hampton during the high season, so we were so pleased to benefit from a great winter rate, and stayed in the Hans Christian Andersen room (upgraded upon arrival from an even smaller room). I loved the style of the hotel, which I would describe as cozy-Scandanavian-whimsical-modern. Adorable details all around, including hand-painted clogs! I could never have thought the design up on my own.

Since it was restaurant week, we got to enjoy an amazing dinner at The Living Room after sipping on some great cocktails in the lounge. The food was exquisite, and the ambiance very tastefully imaginative.

It should be noted that if you are looking for the type of luxury hotel that includes pile-high pillows, plush white robes, and soundproof walls, this is not quite that. Rather, it is the kind of place that belongs in a modern museum of art. It is certainly very comfortable, however.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2011

My husband and I just spent 3 lovely days at The Maidstone. I booked the hotel through Jetsetter and we were delighted with everything it had to offer. All the rooms are individually designed and have such beauitful colour, fabrics and style.
The Living Room Restaurant was excellent and had a wonderful atmosphere and the food and staff were excellent.
Randy who managed the accomodation side of things was very helpful and gave a wonderful suggestion for dinner and made reservations for us.
Our only comments are that the walls are very thin (yes I understand it is a very old house). But in the morning you can easily hear the music from the restaurant and in the evening the guests in the restaurant. I wouldn't recommend to any older guests who like to go to bed early, or you may need a room further from the dining room area.
We would love to return but the rates in Spring/Summer are very expensive.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 February 2011

Nothing but positive things to say here. We went for an anniversary and had reserved a smaller room, which they upgraded to a private cottage type thing. It was thematically designed and it all worked. Very very pleasant, so much so we struggled to leave the room to take in the surrounding Hamptons.

Service was courteous, quick, and completely professional. You could be submerged in the bathtub it was so deep and the bed was immensely comfortable. Two skylights over the bed, a fireplace prepared with wood and kindling, and a bottle of champagne made it all a really memorable experience for my wife and I. We will head back as soon as we are able.

It is expensive, no doubt, but everything is out in the Hamptons. The restaurant (Living Room) is quite good as well and the breakfast the next day was very good. All Swedish-themed. If you are looking for something truly memorable in one of the more picturesque settings imaginable, then this is the place for the special occasion.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
new york
Reviewed 30 January 2011

just returned from a weekend at the maidstone.Having been to some of the B&Bs ranked higher im amazed to say the least.From the service to the rooms everything was
superb.Randye and Alex were extremely welcoming and available to fullfill any needs or answer any questions.Being dog friendly certainly helped!!.My final observation is i hate places that nickle and dime you for every amenity,This is certainly not the case here.Even though we have a house near there we hope to retuen soon

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank newro
London
Reviewed 27 December 2010

We stayed at the hotel over the Christmas weekend and it could not have been more perfect. Our room was absolutely magical (Eero & Eliel Saarinen Suite) and it had a fabulous bathroom with MASSIVE, luxurious bath - perfect to unwind in after a long walk on the beach :-). The staff were absolutely fantastic (particularly Randy) who was so helpful and friendly! There are lots of great cozy areas around the hotel to sit and read books etc and the staff make you feel very welcome. We sat by the wood burning fire yesterday after being out in the snow and read all afternoon, it's exactly what you would want from a winter weekend hotel.

The hotel is perfectly located, about 10 mins walk to the beach and about 5 mins into the centre of town.

The only slight negative is that the room service menu is a bit over-priced for what you get. It was delicious but a little on the mean side.

All in all I would thoroughly recommend it and look forward to coming back!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2010

We had an amazing time at the Maidstone with the exception of one thing: After hemming and hawing for a few weeks over which room to chose (they all look so lovely on the website) I booked the Alvar and Aino Aalto room. I specifically chose this room because it is described as having a "wood burning fireplace" however, upon arrival I was told that the fireplace was only for show and that it could not be used due to insufficient ventilation (even though there was a basket with logs and paper in the room). I was offered another room with a wood burning fireplace but was told that I'd have to pay the difference in price, another $200, which we did not want to do.

The next morning, when we checked out, I voiced my disappointment again and was told that the only thing they could offer me was the "family rate" of 15% off on my next stay which only indicated to me that they weren't giving me anything 'special' to compensate for their incorrect advertising. This was all very disappointing to say the least and sort of a sour end to what was a lovely lovely hotel and service from everyone we came in contact with - especially from the sommelier Kate. The food was amazing too!!

All in all, I'd recommend this hotel, but don't expect a wood-burning fireplace in your room!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
0.5 km away
The 1770 House
The 1770 House
#4 of 12 in East Hampton

Been to The Maidstone Hotel? Share your experiences!