All reviews tennis courts chowder house front desk staff hotel room booked last minute lovely pool sofa bed up to date three nights ehh lawn kitchenette beaches gym summer furniture key
Reviewed July 16, 2018

Fantastic location, near great restaurants and Main Street shopping. The entire resort was so clean. Impeccable, I was extremely impressed. The pool was immaculate, the grounds were manicured and lush! The room was a neat and tidy. It also had a little kitchenette. We had a relaxing time and would definitely go back. I highly recommend the East Hampton house!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2018

Stayed three nights with our two teenage daughters at East Hampton House and had a very relaxing and enjoyable time. Our Deluxe one bedroom flat was very clean and had a large and very comfortable double bed, a standard sofa bed for the girls in the combined livingroom/ kitchen wich had a nice marble bench top and new basic equipment (we cooked a simple meal one of the nights). It felt like the place had a recent makeover because the decor and furniture were fresh and felt quite new.

The premises also had a tennis court and a nicely kept swimmingpool with sunbeds. It is only a couple minutes drive (15 min walk) down to Two Mile Beach though, which is a beautiful beach with a lifeguard. The hotel provides you with a free parking pass for all beaches in the area. We also had a meal at Bostwick's Chowder House just across the road which had a wonderful atmosphere and great seafood! Highly recommend!

In summary, the whole place is very well kept and in a perfect location for a relaxing holiday. Unless you demand Hollywood star standards we felt this was very good value for the money! We do not often write reviews, but this felt like it deserves better. It is, in our opinion, a lot nicer than it looks on many of the pictures thats been posted here on TA.

/Swedish family visiting in July 2018

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Camilla D
Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed at this location and was persuaded by the sites description of luxury resort. I’ve been coming to East Hampton and the like for 6 years and this was the first time I chose to stay in a hotel over a friends house.

Upon check-in I was barely greeted by the lady on duty. She did not offer any information about the resort, no information to access the WiFi, and seemed shocked that two guys were staying in a room with one bed.

I reserved the Deluxe Studio with Kitchen and was expecting high-end finishes since we were in East Hampton and got mediocre environment. It was clean and served its purpose but not luxury as described on the site. The pocket door to the bathroom wouldn’t even close properly without some muscle. I guess maybe I set my expectations too high for an East Hampton resort and been spoiled by the houses I’ve stayed in out here.

The actual grounds were lovely—Lush and green. The pool was at a decent temperature. And the quiet hours were very helpful to get some restorative sleep.

Upon check out on Sunday morning, the guy on duty was extremely approachable and pleasant to chat with. I only wished he was at my check-in process. Would have changed the entire tone and vibe on Friday afternoon.

Because of if it’s location, I would give the place another try, if only I can view the room first before settling in.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank RyGuy81
Reviewed October 5, 2017

deception of hotel room photos. They look great on the web and when you open the door, you feel crestfallen. This place is the opposite: we booked last minute and it was the only place that had space on our budget. We were braced for the worst and the motor lodge exterior did not assuage our trepidation.

Once inside, we were thrilled: the room was great; the decor pleasant, the furnishings newish, the kitchenette up to date, the pullout comfortable and the terrace a delight. The grounds are immaculate and the pool large.

Don't be fooled by the website! Yes, the front desk staff seems staffed by indifferent college kids but the rooms completely make up for that.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
7  Thank underwaydd
Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

Art house and host and hostess were wonderful. We loved the surroundings and the accommodation and food:) gave great tips on what to do and where to dine also! Would love to return with our daughters one day!!

Date of stay: September 2017