“Horrible Hilton property”

Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Horrible Hilton property”
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Bathroom dirty, clearly had dirty towels. Not enough staff so service was poor. I am a Hilton honors member but I cannot find a decent Hilton property in Syracuse. I will stay at another brand nex time

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
JWGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Dear Joyce K,
I want to thank you for sharing your experience with us so we can improve. We definitely do not want you to leave our brand based on this experience. I would welcome an oppotunity to correspond with you to propose a resolution.
I can be reached at the number listed below. We sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations and want the chance to win you back.
I am available, at your convenience, to discuss your recent stay. It is my hope that you will contact me.
Thank you, again for this opprotunity.

(315) 446-3200 X2110

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Rooms are clean and spacious. Two hdtvs in both rooms come with hdmi & other inputs. The internet is soooo slow as to be almost useless. They offer a great managers special & a great breakfast. Get there early to get a seat. The flaw...kids. I love kids but not running around the hotel all night long. We stayed here, my family & I, several times over the past few years. The kids running around the hotel has gotten out of control. It's a shame because it is a very nice family oriented hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences during your recent stay at Embassy Suites Syracuse. We pride ourselves in Customer Service and appreciate when its pointed out what we have done well and where we can improve. The internet is so important today that its vitat that speed is what you expect. Please know we are working on that issue and appreciate you bringing it to our attention.

Thank You.
bloomfield, nj
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I am writing this review while still sitting in the hotel room. We have stayed at many Embassy Suites over the years and this would rank as the worst. Our family of four arrived at the hotel at 4:30pm on Monday, February 20, 2012. Our requested 2 double bed room was not yet ready. We were told that it would be at least an hour before housekeeping can have one ready. Are you kidding? It's 4:30 in the afternoon! After driving almost 5 hours we decided to take a king room. By the way, the front desk clerk, Kait, was very nice and offered us free internet and 10% off in the restaurant.

The room was your typical Embassy Suites 2-room suite. We had forgotten our shampoo and quickly noticed that there was none in the room. We attempted to call housekeeping several times since we also only had two towels for four people. There was no answer. On our way out to dinner, Kait, was still at the front desk so I mentioned to her that I couldn't get in touch with housekeeping. The other clerk, Laura, rudely interrupts us and says, "If you read any of the material in the room, you would know to contact the front desk." Kait was more than helpful and informed us that they were out of shampoo. She told us to help ourselves to a bottle from the convienence store.

Since my daughter wasn't feeling well, we let her sleep with my wife on the king size bed. I laid on the sofa bed with my son. We actually got up to see if there was a mattress on this bed or only a sheet on the coils. Neither of us could sleep. I ended up sleeping on a chair with my legs on the bed. Sofa beds are usually uncomfortable, but this was ridiculous.

We went down for breakfast around 9am. They were out of plates. After several minutes another guest was able to track someone down to request the plates. The guy comes out with a pile of plates and after the first three or four, the rest were dirty. They looked as if they were only splashed with water. You can see eggs and syrup still stuck on them. Now its time to find a table. Forget about it unless you were willing to clean your own. We found one in the Bar area. Omelets took about 15 minutes.

Remember the free internet we were offered. Well, we were charged on out bill. I haven't been to the front desk yet but I will be asking for it to be removed.

One other thing. There are only two elevators for a five story hotel. One was usually not working. Give yourself time if you don't want to take the stairs.

If my son ends up going to Syracuse University, we will be definitely be looking for a different hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Thank you for sharing your experiences during your recent stay at Embassy Suites Syracuse. We apologize for the challenges that presented themselves during your stay and hope you will give us another chance in the future. We strive for consistent positive customer service and sometimes, regrettably, miss the mark. So many other guests have had positive experiences we regret this stay was not one for you and your family.

We hope to see you and your family again in the future
Boston
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We stopped at our old favorite - en route to Toronto.
1st room was located above the entrance - & smoke smell very evident from people smoking outside. They gave us another room & much better. The couches & furnite in the 1st room was very tired & old. 2nd room a little better. Spacious room & TV area, Wish all hotels were as comfortable. Loved the heated bathroom floor. Manager's free drinks at 5 to 7 - and complimentary breakfast - including custom omelettes. Worth the visit.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing away from the highway
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
JWGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Dear HalBoston,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate your objective feedback and are making every effort to communicate that smoking areas are designated as such for the reason you related.
We are in constant pursuit of product refreshment and improvement. As with prior years, we continue to update our product and have many exciting updates planned for our future.
We look forward to the opportunity to serve you in the future and appreciate your loyalty. Please feel free to contact me the next time you visit as I would welcome the opprotunity to meet you.

Thank you.

Siincerely,
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 2 February 2012

My reservation had an error when I arrived. They had checked someone else in with my reservation number.
Internet access was messed up. their "help" desk didn't know what to do...they suggested I leave a comment ONLINE!
Ate in the hotel restaruant once. the only thing that was worse than the food was the service. It took almost an hour to get a burnt hamburger. Waitress disappeared for extended periods even though there were barely a dozen people in the place.
Avoid this place at all costs. I will sleep in my rental car before I stay here again.
Rooms are mediocre. older hotel with wall paper pealing.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Clyde J
Dear Clyde J,
Please accept our sincerest apologies for your recent experience with us. Our goal is exceptional service and we did not meet that. We take your feedback very serously. We will immediately address your responses with action to improve.
I would welcome an opportunity to speak directly with you and come up with a resolution that will give us chance to win you back. I can be reached at (315) 703-9101 or you can email me at john.whippen@hilton.com.
We have a dedicated, caring team that wants to make it right and be the best in our brand. With your help and feedback, we will do just that.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 21 January 2012

We've been coming here with my sister's family for 7 years now - we always come between Christmas and new year and have found that the prices are very reasonable. Rooms very clean - suites include a separate master bedroom and a living room with sofa-bed, comfy chairs and large desk. All rooms are situated around a beautiful atrium which is a lovely place to sit and relax. Breakfast is served in the atrium next to the swimming pool. Nice breakfast - all you can eat buffet although the hot dishes are now made to order, which can be a pain when it's busy. Starbucks coffee is a bonus. There's a free hotel shuttle to the Carousel Mall - works very well, you just have to reserve a seat. Staff are always helpful and friendly. Free wifi and a business room with desktops and printer. Best part is the free "manager's reception" - free drinks and snacks for 2 hours! A really great hotel for families, groups, and shopaholics - 10-15 mins to the mall, & located right off the highway (so there's nowhere to walk to, but free parking and easy drive to shopping). Highly recommended!

• Stayed December 2011
New York
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Ask for a room away from the highway (NYS Thruway).
Hotel is near time for renovation. Bed was comfortable. Room furniture, especially couch, was very dated.
Nice coy pool in atrium lobby. Glass elevators take you to your room.
Computers available for guest use in business center. Business center was very busy.
Great breakfast. OK happy hour.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business